Manatee Watch, Reef Snorkeling, and Beach Break

Poorcriuser

We cruised on the Carnival Legend 12/2/2012 and booked snorkeling/Bannister Beach break with Coral Breeze Tours.

They boast that they don't cancel even when the cruise ship excursion does. THAT is not a good thing. The weather was bad and they shouldn't have taken us out. Bannister Beach might be okay if the weather was good but when it was overcast and raining it looked like a rundown mess. A lot of the loungers were dirty/broken. The beach food was barely okay and it was a little pricey. They have kayaks which we might have used if the weather was better. Maybe this place looks better in the sunshine but it wasn't impressive in the rain.

By the way I do not recommend Coral Breeze Tours either. Like I said the guide shouldn't have taken us out, the ocean was too rough to snorkel and very cloudy. Do not do the Manatee Watch! All you might see is blow hole spout water. Again, the water was too cloudy to see anything and they kept us way too long trying to find something to see. While we were at Bannister it was obviously we were ready to go back because of the weather. We stood around the guide while he lounged against a building and he didn't get the hint. On another note, we brought our own snorkel gear and I'm glad we did. Theirs looked pretty beat up and there was no way of knowing whether it was sanitized between tours. They just dumped the equipment on the dock and you picked it up.

This was a case of you get what you pay for.

I'd researched extensively before going off the grid to reserve excursions. This company shows high marks on TripAdvisor. However, this was our experience and I wouldn't do it again nor recommend it. I totally agree going with your gut feelings. I didn't have a good feel about the excursion the second we saw the tour guide in a sloppy running suit and I just didn't feel comfortable. If it doesn't feel right DON'T DO IT! :eek:

Our first cruise we only did 1 planned excursion (Grand Cayman). The 2nd cruise we had excursions all 4 port days. There is a lot to be said for staying onboard while everybody else is gone. The next trip (12/9/12) we have 4 ports but only doing 1 excursion. We aren't even getting off in Nassau.

Archived