Roatan beach for modest woman

Chris's girl

• 2 months later...
Thank you so much for suggesting Maya Key! It was perfect. We loved it and had a great time

We snorkeled off the end of the pier with a guide and it was wonderful. The lunch was fantastic as well.

I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed Maya Key! The chance to share good experiences is what Cruise Critic is all about!

I'm not sure where one of the posters was, but if there was a Costco and big box stores, it certainly wasn't roatan. I've been in 2012 and 2009. I am surprised how much development occurred in the last three years, but it is still a very rural and beautiful place, in my opinion.

Thank you so much for suggesting Maya Key! It was perfect. We loved it and had a great time

We snorkeled off the end of the pier with a guide and it was wonderful. The lunch was fantastic as well.

Thanks for letting us know. We really enjoyed our time there and glad to hear that you did too. I forgot to mention that Maya Key serves as a rehabilitation center for animals, birds, and reptiles. Did you see my friend, Ossie, the ocelot?

Kathy

We did the western Caribbean last November and Roatan was not nice. We did the ships excursion for the submarine and lunch at some little site about 20 minutes away from the ship and it was the worst experience of our lives. We almost got sea sick in the sub because the air conditioning was not working and the little village that we went to was dirty and very poor. We were constantly hassled to buy things and constantly followed around. Don't botjer with this excursion it is a waste of money.

Thanks for letting us know. We really enjoyed our time there and glad to hear that you did too. I forgot to mention that Maya Key serves as a rehabilitation center for animals, birds, and reptiles. Did you see my friend, Ossie, the ocelot?

Kathy

We also enjoyed Maya Key and would do it again!

I think it might be one of the best ways to enjoy yourself in Roatan.

Archived