Strapless or Halter tops

How odd, I never even thought twice about it. Every one of my Informal and Casual nights was either a halter or strapless dress. Never noticed anyone even blink an eye. I'm not talking trashy or anything. Strapless and halters can look quite nice and very tasteful. Didn't feel cold either, felt that the dining room was quite comfortable.

I tried to wear a halter top once, but the ship's crew and my table mates were a bit unapproving. I guess there are differenct standards for men and women:eek: . All in good fun.

maybe it was the 3in heels you wore with it that caused the problem? ;)

but back to halter tops or strapless dresses.... :)

you might want to pack something just in case (shawl, etc).......by formal night you should have an idea of how warm/cool the dining room is, and know whether you'll need something over your shoulders.......

Really the only difference between halters and spaghetti straps is where the straps are! I'm not going to wear a tube top to dinner but I was planning on wearing a pretty halter top and black skirt one night!

I read in the Princess answer book that it said no halter tops along with cutoff shirts, jeans and shorts which I understand all the others just not the halter if it is so similar to spagetti strap dresses or any sun dress.:confused:

I read in the Princess answer book that it said no halter tops along with cutoff shirts, jeans and shorts which I understand all the others just not the halter if it is so similar to spagetti strap dresses or any sun dress.:confused:

My guess is that by "halter top" they mean the casual short tops that the young chicas wear with short shorts. They don't cover much, and are often no more than a bra top. Quite a bit of difference in those, and a formal halter or strapless.

LOL, its not high school with modesty dress codes ;)... I've never seen anyone look at someone twice for strapless or halters (mind you, tasteful ones). I've never been on Princess, butI can't imaginethat they would be any stricter than celebrity (on which I wore both a halter and strapless and got compliments both nights).

Good Luck and have a GREAT cruise!

... off to my flight in an hour or so! :):):) (later than we though b/c we got offfered first class and $500 vouchers per person to take a later flight!)

LOL, its not high school with modesty dress codes ;)... I've never seen anyone look at someone twice for strapless or halters (mind you, tasteful ones). I've never been on Princess, butI can't imaginethat they would be any stricter than celebrity (on which I wore both a halter and strapless and got compliments both nights).

Good Luck and have a GREAT cruise!

... off to my flight in an hour or so! :):):) (later than we though b/c we got offfered first class and $500 vouchers per person to take a later flight!)

Have a great cruise, Beth!

Hmm...when I was in high school, girls wore spaghetti straps, halters and tube tops all the time and very rarely did a teacher make them cover up. Dress codes weren't really followed!

Archived