Half Moon Cay - tendering infromation

gchamber

Guest LoveMyBoxer

If you book any excursion you will be on the first tender. You can also get up early and get one of the first stickers. The tenders are pretty big and take quite a few people. They also use two or three going back and forth.

It takes about an hour and a half to run them all from the staff in the AM to all of the ship, but it depends on sea conditions. They now seem to have this process that you go down to the theatre (or some other public area) at a certain time and you then get your ticket and you wait there...you can no longer go and wait in halls or in the stairwells. You can go down when your ticket number is called. We went down 15 minutes early and we were already number 3...but the tenders hold quite a bit of people and if the weather is good and they can load and unload them quick it will be faster.

I know on our last cruise you only got on the first tender if you had a shore excursion prior to 11:00 AM, so don't pick an excursion just to get on the first tender because if you have one in the afternoon it won't work. Also, please always keep in mind that if the seas aren't cooperating they will not tender and you will have an extra sea day...this has happened to us atleast 4 times...I always hate to miss the private islands, but it does happen so just don't act surprised if it does...

It takes about an hour and a half to run them all from the staff in the AM to all of the ship, but it depends on sea conditions. They now seem to have this process that you go down to the theatre (or some other public area) at a certain time and you then get your ticket and you wait there...you can no longer go and wait in halls or in the stairwells. You can go down when your ticket number is called. We went down 15 minutes early and we were already number 3...but the tenders hold quite a bit of people and if the weather is good and they can load and unload them quick it will be faster.

I know on our last cruise you only got on the first tender if you had a shore excursion prior to 11:00 AM, so don't pick an excursion just to get on the first tender because if you have one in the afternoon it won't work. Also, please always keep in mind that if the seas aren't cooperating they will not tender and you will have an extra sea day...this has happened to us atleast 4 times...I always hate to miss the private islands, but it does happen so just don't act surprised if it does...

I would be soooo disappointed if we missed this day as it is the one I am most looking forward to...

Archived