Prize for writing to Carnival

Gingee

I just noticed that today was 45 days prior to my cruise. I wrote a letter telling them about my experiences on another Carnival ship. They said to call within 45 days of cruising. I just called and they are closed. Has anyone called less than 45 days for your gift?

Where did you write to them. I have gone to Carnival website and e-mailed under Contact Us as a past cruiser and under my profile and testimonials, but I have not recieved the 45 day letter.

We received photo coupons and a tray of chocolate strawberries and things and a cheese tray! At first they ask if we were wine drinkers (which we aren't). Funny thing was I wrote and everything was delivered to my son's and his wife's cabin. Wrote to Dickerson's addy.

Becky

I called at about 33 days and I am excited tosee what awaits us!! They didn't give me a choice of anything she just said we will have a gift for you when you arrive. WE'll seeeee......

I too would be interested in knowing who to contact with my stories. I've sent them several stories before via their internet site, but never even recd an acknowledgement of getting my message!

I too would be interested in knowing who to contact with my stories. I've sent them several stories before via their internet site, but never even recd an acknowledgement of getting my message!

Sometimes you get a letter, sometimes you don't... it's hit or miss. You can also send a letter to Guest Relations, the address is on your Survey you get at the end of the cruise... I always send in my survey after the cruise, when I have time to fill it out and add my comments.

I had sent a letter about my one and only cruise on Carnival about 6 years ago. I never got a reply, but I have moved twice and married since then so I thought it was lost in the mail. :rolleyes: I just on a whim called customer service in January and asked about if they had ever received my letter. They had NO record of it, but the woman I talked to took my info and viola! I got a 45 day letter within a month! :D When I called, I told them we liked wine or champagne, so we will so what we have when we arrive!

June

Gosh! I must live in another universe. Guess I have just not reading the right boards. I have cruised quite a few times with Carnival, but have not heard of the letter. What do I need to do? I am only 20 days out; too late for this time? Thanks for your help!

Gosh! I must live in another universe. Guess I have just not reading the right boards. I have cruised quite a few times with Carnival, but have not heard of the letter. What do I need to do? I am only 20 days out; too late for this time? Thanks for your help!

I would like to know what to do also...

Yup, too late this time. Alot of people send in reviews to Carnival... letting them know the good, the bad, etc. Sometimes Carnival rewards this by sending the 45 day letter (the letters come anywhere from a month to a year out, LOL) You can choose from a couple of different things, bottle of wine, chocolates, etc. Nothing huge. I really would not do it if you are just looking for something free... I always write something stating my servers/stewards names, what things they did special for me, etc. I also include a full review. I could care less if they send me anything, but I always make sure the staff is acknowledged as this weighs heavily when it comes around to review time.

We came back from our first cruise march of 2004, I was so impressed and wanted to just tell Carnival how much we enjoyed it so i went on their website to just found the Contact Us button and clicked onto that and let them know about our trip.

About an hour later I relized I had not told them about our room stewards and wanted to make sure they were included in my accolades.

The next day I received 2 confirmations of my emails to them. In about a week I got a next cruise "45 Day Out" letter, I thought that was really nice. The next day I got anoter next cruise "45 Day Out" letter.

I am not going again til April, 2006 so I hope my letters are still good.

Judi Hensley

I wrote mine because we had a particular Lido Deck waiter who was FANTASTIC! On the last night, we wanted to tip him extra, and were told he went to sleep. Another watier offered to take his tip to him, but, I didn't really like that idea...I just wanted to be sure he was recognized after I heard that positive comments from the passengers earn them promotions and such. I never got a letter...I don't really care honestly, I just wanted to do right by him after I cheesed him out of a tip by waiting too long!

I found that submitting reviews to them in writing gets a response - while sending it via email is easier you're chances are slim. I'm saying it won't happen.

I got a 45 day out letter for submitting something for the cruisers experience section on the website. Can't wait to use it.

We were on our fisrt Carnival cruise last November for my cusins wedding. We didn't use they're TA but booked directly with Carnival. Our PVP Jose had great follow up and even called us after we returned from our trip. I was compelled to send an e mail to him. Here is the link of what I sent:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=113805

To make a long story short. I received a reply back 6 weeks later thank me them for the complements/comments/improvement suggestions, 10% off my next Carnival cruise within 18 months, and to call 45 days before sailing for a sail away gift. Oh by the way I also had 2 Imagination Pins that were enclosed too!

I can see the idea whirring in the minds of Carnival's best MBAs right now:

"Let's see. When a family spends anywhere from $4,000 to $8,000 on a cruise with us, if they should sit down and compose a nice letter, mail it to us, we'll send them a "gift" worth $5-10, BUT they'll have to pick up this gift on their NEXT cruise (which gives us another $4,000 to $8,000). This fosters brand loyalty, turns them into giddy cheerleaders, and makes them feel they are special Carnival clients."

Absolutely brilliant ! ! :D

I often write JUST for the freebie............usually get a letter too (but never email a letter, ONLY snail mail). I like the choice of free gift and the additional letter for 15% off mine and my traveling companion's next cruise. Not shabby for taking 5 mins to write..................

We were happy with Carnival and some of there staff. I wasn't looking for anthing free. I have worked in a CSR position in the past and know they don't get enough good feedback. Our PVP Jose call and left a message asking how our trip was-and sounded genuine about it. He had replied back with emails with questions prior to our cruise. I felt he needed praise as with some others on the Imagination....

On our last cruise, we did the whole comment in the contact us section on the Carnival Board and got the letter (or email rather) saying call 45 days prior to embarkation. Well, we did just that and the customer service rep had NO memory of sending us a letter, but we still had it and said we would fax it to her if she needed, so we did. She got the fax and put a note in our file to have something nice waiting in our cabin (A bottle of champange). Well we were so excited to get on and open our chilled bottle of champange, and we opened our door and NOTHING was there. Absolutely NOTHING the entire week. When we got back, we had some problems with being overcharged on our sail and sign card (purchased made AFTER we closed out our account) and spoke to the same customer service rep. She asked if we enjoyed her gift and simply stated that we had received nothing. She then informed us that we were supposed to complain at the Purser's Desk. Honestly, if they are going to offer a free gift and something special for submitting a comment, etc. then I don't think I should have to go bother the Purser's Desk to get my free gift. Sounds kind of ironic. Well this time, we sent a whole 10 page (word document and all) to Carnival and NOTHING! Kind of put off that when we submit a one liner, we at least get an email, but for an entire review good and bad, we get nothing. I unfortunately have to say our honeymoon cruise to the Mexican Rivera might be our last cruise with Carnival for awhile. (And yes there are other reasons besides just the whole letter thing).

Soon to be Mrs. Sgriff17:o

Archived