Getting to Carmana Plaza Vancouver

Hi all,

I posted in early March enquiring about how to get to Best Western Uptown ("BWU") and received some really helpful replies. However, I'm now arriving in Vancouver 2 nights before my BWU stay and will be putting up at Carmana Plaza for the first two nights before transferring to BWU.

This place hasn't been much discussed on this board - does anyone know how good/bad it is and where it's located? All I know is that it's a studio apartment (suites?) of sorts and it's supposed to be well-located. Apart from taking a cab, how can I get there from Vancouver Int'l Airport?

Many thanks!!

grouchy, that's strange! The webpage looks pretty good (www.carmanaplaza.com) and I'm surprised that the locals have never heard of it. I've never heard it mentioned on Travel webpages and guides either..

red knight, yes, at this rate I think I will be getting there via a cab cos nobody seems to know where exactly it is. Thanks! :)

Lived in Vancouver all my life and work downtown and even eat at the Wendy's/Tim Horton's in the same block and didn't know that building was used for that purpose - sure will be handy for everything.

Cheers

Dennis

Lived in Vancouver all my life and work downtown and even eat at the Wendy's/Tim Horton's in the same block and didn't know that building was used for that purpose - sure will be handy for everything.

Hi Dennis, does that mean it's a good place to be living in? :) Thanks!

anything about it - perhaps Grouchy can help me here. It is a newer building and located in a good part of the downtown shopping and entertainment district - perhaps you could do a search on tripadvisor.com to see if there is any feedback there.

Cheers

Dennis

found someone who books clients there. Upper class and they mostly cater to long stay business men.

Hope that helps!

Thanks Grouchy and Dennis! I seem to have a knack of getting obscure or out-of-the-way hotels! First the Best Western Uptown (courtesy of Priceline!), now Carmana Plaza! Eeps. But if it's good, I will report back! :)

Archived