Cabin selection on the Dream - 4E?

MariahJ

I've decided on an itinerary. We'll be sailing for 4 nights on December 2nd, 2012 on the Dream. I wanted 7 but my DH said that since we're going to 3 theme parks, he can only tolerate a short cruise. Oh, well.

Anyway, it will be the two of us and our 2.5 y/o. When it was just the two of us, we always sailed in the inside cabin. Last year, we brought Grandma to babysit and went for the owner's suite on NCL so Grandma could have her own bedroom and bathroom. This time, we're not bringing Grandma so I'm thinking of going somewhere in between. We need a tub for the LO, I'd like to have decent square footage so she can play.

I'm thinking about category 4E "Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah", which seems to be a good value with 299 sq. ft. including verandah. However, I'm having a hard time figuring out why it's priced about the same or cheaper than similar cabins with 203 sq ft. You know what they say about something that sounds too good to be true .... Is anyone familiar with this cabin type?

I have stayed in Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah, Cat. 4E. The extra square footage really does make a small difference. We had a round tube w/shower and a separate bathroom for the toilet. There is some room to play if you move the table from the center of the floor. She will love the 24-hour Disney Cartoons on the television. I don't recall the Dream having 203 sq. foot cabins, but the cabin you selected is an upgraded cabin. The 169 - 200 sq. ft cabins are cabins with a porthole, not a veranda. I really liked having the extra space. We had 2 adults and 2 tweens in our cabin. There was a queen bed; a single sofa bed; a single pull-down bed; and the berth. We never pulled the berth down.

Archived