CCL Complaint Letter~ Need Address

QTPieRye

I totally agree that the person should have knocked first. What are you trying to accomplish by complaining to guest services, writing it in the survey email, mailing a letter, etc? Are you looking for an apology, money, future cruise discount? I personally would let it go.

Not everybody gets a survey email... and a complaint to guest services on board probably won't make it off of the ship.

Sending something by email and snail mail just ensures that a message gets delivered - I often send official letters out via us mail and email (and indicate it on the letter itself). Just due diligence.

I was in the middle of dressing, but had my blouse off, when my assistant Steward tapped lightly on my door and immediately opened it up. The look on his face was priceless. He almost tripped backing out of the door so fast. There is probably scars on his eyes from that sight.

Being young, he was really embarrassed, of course told him not to worry about it. It was so funny, I asked him if he could get me a couple more sample nasal strips...he came back with a whole plastic bag full.

I do wonder, though, if they were so worried, a quick phone call to your room might have averted everything.

Melanie

. What if they had the DND on because they meant it and were doing the deed? It was an Anniversary cruise after all. A simple knock is all she was asking for; no one should be able to just waltz on in.

If Im doing the deed correctly I dont think I would be hearing a simple knock.

But my GF would also make sure the door was double locked

I agree that they should have knocked first and you have every right to let the corporate office know but you did go to guest services and let them know correct.

We were in Myrtle Beach one time and checked into the hotel with my husband, myself and our three young children. When we put the key in the door and opened the door and started going in there was a man asleept on the bed in his birthday suite. He didn't wake up and we quickly exited the room and went back downstairs to let the front desk know - they gave us another room. I figured they would talk to whomever made the mistake and take care that it would not happen again. I never even considered letting their corporate office know.

Glad you enjoyed your cruise otherwise.

Am I the only one a little grossed out by the thought of someone sitting naked on the vanity chair? Ick! I've never thought to look closely at that chair before sitting down to do my hair and makeup (always wearing a robe), but you can bet I will from now on. Might even lay a towel down first... ;)

Am I the only one a little grossed out by the thought of someone sitting naked on the vanity chair? Ick! I've never thought to look closely at that chair before sitting down to do my hair and makeup (always wearing a robe), but you can bet I will from now on. Might even lay a towel down first... ;)

LOL!!! I have thought of that... Im always a little freaked out wondering what has happened (on the chairs, sofas etc)

I wondered if I was the only one who was a little taken back by that.... hehehe

LOL - I thought of that but surely she had a towel on the stool. I would never sit with my naked bottom on any chair, sofa, etc. someplace like this. We all know hotels, cruise lines, etc do not clean chairs, sofas after guest has used the room.:eek:

You are absolutely right. He should have knocked. I am never in the cabin without doublelocking the door. Same as in a hotel.

I can't imagine your embarrassment.

Think of it this way, young = embarrassment

old = your thrilled, and the steward is mortified... lol

just a joke,

hope your feeling better, I understand the frustration of incompetence.

Just beware aware that the normal response time of 7-10 days is delayed because of the Costa tragedy. I filled out the survey AND emailed guest relations on Jan. 7th...they just read the email today and called me right away :).

LOL!!! I have thought of that... Im always a little freaked out wondering what has happened (on the chairs, sofas etc)

I wondered if I was the only one who was a little taken back by that.... hehehe

Ignorance is bliss.

I would rather not know and try not to think about it. Im in hotels too much to get freaked out.

I honestly think the OP is overreacting. I'm sure the staff member learned his lesson and he quickly apologized. I'm sure he will knock next time. We are all human and all make mistakes. I say let it go. If it were me I wouldn't give a second thought.

I honestly think the OP is overreacting. I'm sure the staff member learned his lesson and he quickly apologized. I'm sure he will knock next time. We are all human and all make mistakes. I say let it go. If it were me I wouldn't give a second thought.

well, that one crew member has learned his lesson. there are 2000 others who have not. if it means another emphasis to the crew it will be well worth writing the letter.

Guest LoveMyBoxer

I know everyone is jumping on you about them "doing their job" because it was red flagged, however, even though this is a great thing they do, would it have taken that much longer to try and call the cabin first and find out if anyone was in there? I'm sure next time you cruise you WILL double lock that door!

(to me) its funny that so many are saying they could have "just called the cabin" -- you know, if someone in the cabin was being or had been harmed, 'calling' might not have helped... (whoever) could have answered the phone..."yes, everything is fine" ...meanwhile the 'real reason' the DND sign was out is still unknown,....

I dont have a problem with them checking... whatever, if they see me nekkid, more power to them...lol :p

I would be more concerned about all the doors and such you are touching that germy little hands have also touched. Not much you're going to pick up from sitting on something someone else sat on... As long as it's not wet or sticky.. ehh.. Soooo even knowing others sit naked on the chairs I'm not grossed out in the least.

OP I really enjoyed the upbeat attitude of your review but I do think you are making a mountain out of a molehill. I probably wouldn't have been angry, much less think about it more than a few minutes after.

You never know if they use one sail and sign card for all the entering they could be hiding the other spouses body in the bathroom for all they know.

I would be more concerned about all the doors and such you are touching that germy little hands have also touched. Not much you're going to pick up from sitting on something someone else sat on... As long as it's not wet or sticky.. ehh.. Soooo even knowing others sit naked on the chairs I'm not grossed out in the least.

Still Ewwww...on all of it.. :p

I carry lysol spray and 'fumagate' the room (on a ship or hotel) before I touch Anything... my poor family knows they are going to get "Gassed" the first day.. lol

You never know if they use one sail and sign card for all the entering they could be hiding the other spouses body in the bathroom for all they know.

Right...:eek:

Yes, I am a big fan of the double lock as well. Can never be too sure ;)

I also now lock the double lock to keep them from entering. Our 2nd cruise on the CCL Spirit had one of those encounters where our room steward got a good eyeful. He was quite embarrassed and we laughed about it but I agree it shouldn't have happened. It was our fault for not flipping the latch across to double lock it. Spur of the moment thing and it won't happen to us again. We learned our lesson.

I think Carnival should be aware that this happens "often" as you can see. They usually do a quick knock & enter. I'm sure they are used to seeing a lot as people aren't expecting it. Whether getting changed for dinner or doing the deed, they really need to wait for a response. If they get no response, then a phone call & if still no response, then enter to check on you. After all, you could be dead.

I recommend flowing this to John Heald. Either his blog or his facebook and he will flow it to the "beards" as he calls the leaders/decision makers.

wow! i cannot believe that!

concerned for your well being...how about a phone call first? that would have been a lot simpler.

i cannot imagine them not knocking-i mean, i can..but why they wouldn't do that is beyond me.

i too would be upset. and it should be a lesson learned. i'm glad you are putting it in writing to carnival. it seems some may need a little refresher course on professionalism and courtesy to say the least.

I would find it unacceptable. it's easy for some to just say "blow it off" but it wasn't them that was walked in on. not to mention, what if you were not just sitting at the vanity. :eek:

anyways, common sense and common courtesy should have been used by the employee.

sorry this happened. i'm glad despite this, you had a good trip.

thank you for sticking up for yourself and other people.

Archived