Help - Dress Code (I love dressing up)

Cherrytrees

1st time on Celebrity - A big part of Cruising for me is dressing up in my lovely dresses, long evening dresses and cocktail dresses. I have noticed that on a 14 nighter there are only 3 Formal nights - and the rest are smart casual. Would I look out of place wearing a long evening dress on a smart casual night?? Really excited about our cruise, we will be travelling on the Eclipse in september 2012 - can't wait! :)

Think there would be no problem as long as you are not a BLOKE

I just got off eclipse and I dressed up every night - formal nights I went I bit more formal, but I wore a cocktail dress or above every night. I never felt out of place. My other half sometimes went a little less dressy than me as well (although he was in a tux on formal night). I was excited to see that every one seemed to take the dress code seriously. :) I love dressing up too!

HIGH FIVE!! I love dressing up too :D

I've already bought another perfect long gown for my December 2012 sail lol! Too bad there will be only 1 formal night for me: It's only 7 nights Caribbean. I'll be wearing cocktail dresses on the smart casual nights as well, for picture purpose, and for I just LOVE to be standing out, in a good way of course. ha ha.

we will be on the silohuette on sunday,i have 3 really dressy dresses for the formal nights and 9 other short cocktail dresses for the other nights.we were on the ruby princess and i wore dresses every night,however i was one of a few,smart casual to some people was 3/4 pants and a baseball cap in the mdr,looked like they should have been in a transport cafe.you do what you want to do and enjoy i will:)

I so love your attitude to life!!! Mind made up I will be wearing long evening dresses on 'Smart Casual' as well as formal nights, I am going to make the most of my holiday and do what I enjoy doing dressing up, heels and all!! :):)

Wish we were on the same cruise. You might want to let your fellow table-mates know you plan to dress up, so they can choose to join you if they like. I know I would. It would be a stretch since I don't have a whole lot of dressy clothes, but I would make the effort. For me, it is part of the experience.

Beth

Good for you!

We have a 7 day and I am taking 2 long gowns for formal nights and short dressy dresses for the rest.The Daughter is as well.

Not wearing glitz and glitter, but still, not casual day wear either. I figure my dressing a bit more formally shouldn't bother anyone anymore than those who dress down a bit bother me. Besides the Spouse looks smashing in his tux and suit...

HIGH FIVE!! I love dressing up too :D

I've already bought another perfect long gown for my December 2012 sail lol! Too bad there will be only 1 formal night for me: It's only 7 nights Caribbean. I'll be wearing cocktail dresses on the smart casual nights as well, for picture purpose, and for I just LOVE to be standing out, in a good way of course. ha ha.

Normally two formal nights on 7 day cruises.

This upcoming cruise on the Equinox (Feb 13) will be the first time for us on this ship and to eat in the lovely Blu restaurant. I plan to get "dressed up" every time we dine there, wearing my long black skirt or silk evening pants with a fancy top. It would not bother me a bit, if others were more casual.

We also plan to eat in the other restaurants and will dress accordingly.

I so love your attitude to life!!! Mind made up I will be wearing long evening dresses on 'Smart Casual' as well as formal nights, I am going to make the most of my holiday and do what I enjoy doing dressing up, heels and all!! :):)

Go for it, Cherrytrees! Have a great cruise. :)

Susan

I wear dresses every night too. I wear the dressier ones on formal nights, but also wear the tighter ones the first few days..Like many women, I have clothes in 2 sizes, so the roomier ones come in handy near the end of the cruise when I've gained back some of the weight I worked so hard to lose prior to the cruise!!

Hi,

We will be cruising in September - our first with Celebrity - and I too was a bit concerned about the dress code. I love dressing up so will be wearing my evening gowns on formal nights and cocktail dresses or something like on "smart casual" nights. Dressing up makes the cruise more special for us.

Cheryl :)

Archived