Sushi on the Glory???

Goofy63

I have found out that there is free sushi in the evening before dinner on the Glory. I would like to hear from some people who have been on he Glory as to: was it really crowded? Is it like a buffet, or like in a sushi bar, where you sit at the counter and order and they make it in front of you? If it does get super crowded what is the best time to get there to get some before dinner? Any other comments about the experience would be greatly appreciated...:D

I imagine the Sushi is probably the same on all the Carnival ships, right? Is it real sushi, as in slice of raw fish on a small lump of rice, or is it just beginner stuff like California rolls? I know that Carnival caters to middle America who might be experiencing maki and sushi for the first time, so if it's just California rolls, count me out. For some reason, I get really irritated when people think they are cultured because they say they "love to eat sushi" and then proceed to order nothing but California rolls.

no I was hoping it would be more in depth than that, you eel, tuna etc. There are still lots of kinds that I have never tried and figured this would be the best place, since I don't have to pay for it. But I was just hoping someone could tell me about what the restaurant is like, and if it is always crazy crowded...

I have been looking for information on this and actually called CCL. Per their res agent, Glory does have a no charge sushi bar. I will be aboard next month and will post a review upon my return. Being a sushi fan and not a burger or pizza eater, I will be sure to check this out!

I was on the Glory last summer and yes, they have wonderful sushi. They had different things each night that I stopped by, but I did not go everynight. My boyfriend always orders our sushi when we go out, so I don't know the formal names, but I know that they had eel, octupus, something with cream cheese and cucumber, and of course, California rolls. There was tons more, but I couldn't tell you what most of it was, just that it was tasty =). I enjoyed stopping by there before dinner and eating it as an appetizer. The guy there makes it fresh and was very friendly. If you have more questions, I will be glad to try to answer.

Is the sushi only served at certain times??? Also is there a menu of some type to show exactly what they have or is it different all the time?

We were on the Glory last summer. The sushi is made fresh there were about 5-6 different rolls each night. The sushi is placed on a platter on the counter, and you just grab a plate, chopsticks, ginger and help yourself. After being off the ship all day for excursions we were starving when we hit the ship and always wound up at the sushi bar. It is a great opportunity to try out some new items.

Archived