Radiance GS1600 or Portside 1048

Dizziedi

Hi there, we had booked GS1600 on the Radiance for the second part of our B2B cruise in a couple of weeks but having read numerous comments on CC we changed to Portside 1048. I see that GS1600 is again available and I'm dithering again:o. I know that 1600 is quite different to the side GS but we love an aft balcony. Whilst I prefer the cabin layout of 1048, I am worried about noise from the pool area (scraping of chairs etc). Has anyone had a side GS and can comment on the noise factor?

Thanks

Di

We had GS1600 on the Serenade and did not experience any noise from the WJ at all...that said..I was honestly disappointed in the balcony...there were 3 of us in the cabin & with 2 loungers, a table & 3 chairs the balcony was pretty cramped...I have seen the balcony for the side GS on Majesty & Monarch...and even on those older ships it seemed much larger...

Dizziedi: We have stayed in 1600 twice on the Serenade (sister ship), but not is a side GS (several friends have stayed in them, so have visited them several times).

We have had similar 'options' when deciding on a cabin for the above and opted for 1600 both times (we love the aft balconies as well). Have never been sorry w/ our choice. ;) IF you want a quiet cabin, 1600 is for you!!! IF you prefer an aft balcony w/ an aft view, 1600 is for you. IF you want a slightly wider balcony that is shallower w/ the same 'cookie cutter' cabin design, the side balcony is for you. We actually enjoy the 'unique cabin layout' available in 1600 (wish the closet was set up differently, but it is what it is).

Either way, enjoy your B2B!!!

Bruce

Since there are no cabins on Deck 11 any cabin you book on Deck 10 you will hear nose from above from the occasional chair being moved to when they clean up in the late evenings and early mornings, especially when they hose down the deck. It's not annoying, but you will hear it.

Thanks everyone for your replies. We have decided to stay put in 1048. Even though we love the aft balcony, it is nowhere near the size of 8088 on the Rhapsody (which we loved). Also, as we are going to be onboard for 5 weeks, we will need the storage space (because I take everything:o). I am worried about the noise from above 1048 not 1600 but have decided to chance it. We have 1064 for the first part of our B2B and that's only down a few doors so hopefully it will all be okay. I'm being fussy because it's our honeymoon:):):)

Thanks again

Di

Archived