**Are you obsessed with this site??** A compulsive planner?

I am also addicted to this web site. I try to stay away and here I am on my lunch break, back on. I plan everything about our vacations. We go on a honeymoon every year. I am currently working on next years in San Diego, then New Orleans the following year. In 2010 we will be going back to Lake Tahoe. Thats our favorite place. But after this cruise, which will be our first, you can bet, we may be rethinking our vacations. Thanks to everyone on the boards, who have kept me sane while waiting for time to pass.
My biggest pet peeve, is waiting for people and time to pass.

I'm obsessed with cruise boards period! When I'm planning a cruise I spend more time on the boards reasearching and getting ideas than I would normally. I've been around here for almost four years and it's become habit to spend time here almost every day and sometimes twice a day (all day when I wasn't working).

[quote name='3redheads']Cany anyone suggest any other sites? :D[/QUOTE]

We can't give you the names (board rules) but if you do a Google search for "cruise message boards" it will give you a lot of results. This one is the largest but by no means the only one on the net. Also if you just type in cruise or cruise information, you'll get a lot of results.

most certainly am. can't make reservations yet for the dates aren't release yet, but i'm mulling over in my head where to go. I'll take tips and suggestions. Eastern Caribbean, Southern Caribbean or the Mexican Riviera. I've done all three but can't decide for my daughter's sake. It's been along time and can't remember what I liked the best.

Ron

Ah yes, that first cup of coffee in the morning, and off to the computer. The coffee gets cold, and the computer warms up with all of this wonderful CC stuff. So glad that I found it before our first cruise. This is a hidden treasure of knowledge. I never would have known about needing to bring clothes pins, the aforementioned duct tape, and little stickies for messages to our selves, or who ever. Just learned that I should also include sanitizing hand wash. The list is growing, and the trip isn't until September. Yes, I love this line, and will be here several times each day until.........who knows??? Not me, as another cruise must be in our future. :)

[quote name='SailAways']Ah yes, that first cup of coffee in the morning, and off to the computer. The coffee gets cold, and the computer warms up with all of this wonderful CC stuff. So glad that I found it before our first cruise. This is a hidden treasure of knowledge. I never would have known about needing to bring clothes pins, the aforementioned duct tape, and little stickies for messages to our selves, or who ever. Just learned that I should also include sanitizing hand wash. The list is growing, and the trip isn't until September. Yes, I love this line, and will be here several times each day until.........who knows??? Not me, as another cruise must be in our future. :)[/QUOTE
I have to admit that I thought you were talking about me!!!
I get up in the morning get the coffee,and go to the computer,
Read all the stuff that I missed..:) :) :)

I'm so relieved I'm not alone! I'm totally new to cruising (ok, REALLY new, because I haven't even gone on my first yet) so I've been on this site on a daily basis soaking up information. I've always known I'm a bit compulsive, but this is ridiculous! :) At least it's for a good cause, right?

Jennifer, only 7 days? Great! Hope you really enjoy your cruise!

Ron, I've only done a Western cruise, I wish I could advise. I really want to do the Southern, but the airfare for 4 is so expensive to San Juan! Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Thanks to all my friends in the OCP Club. We are official now with over 82 posts!

Kim
I am an OCP (Obsessive Compulsive Planner)

I have to say, that Naren doesn't think I'm obsessive. He does think I'm organized, and so basically when he goes on vacation he has to worry about nothing. I have all the docs, maps, schedules, and other tidbits in my little coupon organizer. I have all the hotels, rental cars, and airline itineraries all paid for and planned out. All he has to do is approve or reject my plan.

But now I have to say we don't have any cruises planned. But this weekend we are moving into our FIRST NEW HOUSE!!! Actually I'm on this stupid site as I'm waiting for the moving company .... noooo I'm not obsessed! LOL

I have learned so much about cruising from reading and participating in these message boards. I do have to say that :::: jen raises foo foo drink bought on the lido deck::::::: here's to the best crusing website on the internet, and the legions of smart and knowledgeable people that share my love of cruising! You all are the best ;)

[quote name='3redheads']Jennifer, only 7 days? Great! Hope you really enjoy your cruise!

Ron, I've only done a Western cruise, I wish I could advise. I really want to do the Southern, but the airfare for 4 is so expensive to San Juan! Whatever you choose, I'm sure you'll have a blast.

Thanks to all my friends in the OCP Club. We are official now with over 82 posts!

Kim
I am an OCP (Obsessive Compulsive Planner)[/QUOTE]

Thanks Kim. I agree with you flying from Philly to San Juan is over $400 compared to $200 to Ft Lauderdale. I didn't mention Mariner of the Seas even though that's an eastern for it does one less port. I like days at sea, but trying to cram as much in a possible for my soon to be 15 year old daughter.

Oh my goodness, I thought I was the only one who did this. I start planning our cruises a couple years in advance. I'm planning our 2005, 2006, and 2008 right now. I even start a packing list at the same time! I have spreadsheets to do it all. My co-workers think I'm nuts and a get a good laugh, but to me it's part of the fun and keeps me in the cruise mood. I'm happy to hear I'm not alone. Thanks, Kerrie

Archived