**Are you obsessed with this site??** A compulsive planner?

[quote name='Schplinky']I've never understood the people who take such pride in not planning. You buy a vacation like you buy a car or some other moderately expensive thing. I think you should ask as many questions as you can so that you get the full value available to you! I had a travel agent once who kind of glazed over after the third question and said we should come back when we knew what we want. That's why these boards are way more fun.[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you. My DH researchs everything he buys, only tries to buy the best he can(in the price range we can afford) takes him forever. However when it comes to this trip, he has done nothing, no input what so ever. So he goes in knowing nothing. Doesn't know where we're going, what excursions, what flight and he only knows when because I marked it off in his calendar. How can he live like that. I hate surprises, I can be spontaneous, but hate surprises.

By the way Schplinky, can't wait to hear your reviewwhen you get back. I've loved reading the responses to all your questions. You always seem to ask what I'm thinking. Are you both packed yet?

funnygirl65- Are DH's would get along, how can they live like that :eek: .

Jessica ;)

[quote name='jrlaurie']By the way Schplinky, can't wait to hear your reviewwhen you get back. I've loved reading the responses to all your questions. You always seem to ask what I'm thinking. Are you both packed yet?

Jessica ;)[/QUOTE]

Thanks. My motto has always been that there are no stupid questions, except the one you didn't ask before you made a big mistake.

I am not packed but I am sort of prepared to pack. I've been making a packing list as I've read these boards and I have most of the things on my list laid out on a bed in the guest room. I did this because I'm going on a business trip Sunday that lasts until Wedesday and we leave for Miami on Friday (Yay!). I didn't want to get home and be scrambling for laundry. I also find that if I lay everything I'm going to take, I take less and the suitcase is easier to pack. Otherwise, I keep throwing stuff in until it's full. THEN, I remember other stuff and it's bursting...

I don't think my SO even knows the name of our ship or where we're going. We had an arguement because he didn't believe there was an ice skating rink on the ship....he hasn't been on a cruise for a while. He finally believed me when the bartender last night starting talking about all the things we could do while we're away.

You know I booked my cruise back in Oct, 04. And the only bad thing I can see about reading these boards is the addition to all the extra stuff I now have to pack. I told someone on our roll call board I've been packed since Dec., with the exception of clothes and camera. They said "what's left". I said I've got everything but the, blender, coffee pot, and crock pot (still don't know what that's for). I've always been a person who packs everything you need, and might need. I've got it all, duct tape, bungee cords, post it's, highlighters and more.

So even though, thanks to these boards I'll probably be paying more at the airlines for overwieght lugguge. I still thank these boards for being prepared no matter what. I've got one heck of a packing list...

Jessica ;)

I wasn't much of a cruise fanatic until my DH suggested an Alaskan Cruise.

He really did it for me, as the last two vacations I have taken were
1) me at home painting the kitchen, and
2) me at home painting the bathroom
He realized I really needed to "Get Out There!" :)

I started researching the cruise, and before you know it, I was hopelessly hooked!
I have my pocket binder with the tabs (thank you Schplinky!).
My flight, hotel and car rental are all booked, as well as the activities and sights we plan on doing in Vancouver and Seattle.

Since then, I think I have gone crazy, because I went ahead and booked a surprise cruise for [i]him[/i] (he prefers the hot weather and beaches) to the Eastern Caribbean on the Jewel in January 2006, and now I am even thinking about booking a back-to-back in 2007!!!

OMG, SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!!! :eek: :D

I am on this board every day and love to catch up with what's new.
I know that my DH and I will have a fun and worry-free vacation due to the fantastic tips and tricks you all have shared!

What a magnificent obsession!

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=darkred]You KNOW you are a cruise addict when :[/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#8b0000]1. You have a binder stuffed with cruise information, outlining every single detail of your upcoming cruise in chronological order... [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#8b0000]2. You speak with the reps at RCI more than you talk with your friends [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#8b0000]3. RCI is number one on your speed dial ;) [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#8b0000]4. You get to the office and log on to Cruise Critic before you even check your work related emails....:eek: [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#8b0000]5. You talk about your Cruise Critic friends like you have known them your whole life...when in fact you haven't ever met anyone in person :rolleyes: [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#8b0000]6. Trip Advisor is your "New Testament" [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#8b0000]7. Your entire existence hinges on when your next cruise will be booked :D [/color][/size][/font]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#8b0000]GUILTY AS CHARGED!!!!!![/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='wallie5446'][b]Robyn, How did you like CoCo ?[/b][/QUOTE]

[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=navy]Hi Wallie :) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#000080][/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#000080]I'm assuming you mean Coco Cay? We really enjoyed it! The beach was terrific, lots of lounge chairs, and tropical drinks were being brought around by the tray load ( for a price of course, but it was nice not to have to get up for a drink!) [/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#000080]The weather the day we were there was great! The BBQ lunch was amazing, especially the ribs. I shared my BBQ'd chicken leg with an actual chicken....LOL![/color][/size][/font]
[font=Arial Narrow][size=3][color=#000080]No wait for a tender there or back. All in all it was a great day! :D [/color][/size][/font]

[quote name='3redheads'][b]I AM NOT ALONE!!! YEAH!![/b]

I wonder if we need some type of intervention?
[/QUOTE]

We don't sail until December of this year and yes, I too, am addicted to this site!! My sister is checking on a "cruisers' anonymous" meeting for me to attend. I'll let you know how it goes...:o

I don't think there's a problem with my cruise critic use, but my kids think I'm absolutely obsessed. It's my husband's fault. He got me a laptop with a wireless hook-up a year ago after I had surgery and I spent 5 weeks researching our cruise in Sept. Of course you know what happened......I found cruise critic and I'm hooked!! Now I can have my computer in my lap all the while I am sitting.

Sign me up for the 12-step program!

Alanna

[quote name='lanabanana']I don't think there's a problem with my cruise critic use, but my kids think I'm absolutely obsessed. It's my husband's fault. He got me a laptop with a wireless hook-up a year ago after I had surgery and I spent 5 weeks researching our cruise in Sept. Of course you know what happened......I found cruise critic and I'm hooked!! Now I can have my computer in my lap all the while I am sitting.

Sign me up for the 12-step program!

Alanna[/QUOTE]

LOL Alanna!

The first of 12 steps is BOOK ANOTHER CRUISE! :D

[font=Comic Sans MS][color=darkorchid][b]Talk about obsession! I read all 150+ posts for the inaugural Freedom of the Seas sailing and I'm not even sailing on that ship! I booked our July 3 cruise back in Feb. and that seemed like such a long time ago but I see many of you book a year in advance of your sailing. I go onto the Cruise Critic site a few times a day and never seem to get enough. I almost burned dinner because I was so enthralled looking at pictures of the Rhapsody! I have a folder chock full of information about the Rhapsody... itinerary, sightseeing info, maps, etc., etc., etc. I even have a roll of duct tape, post-it notes, an over the door plastic organizer, an electrical extension cord at the ready to be packed in a moment's notice! I took 5 prior cruises without knowing Cruise Critic existed. How on earth did I survive??? Your reviews, suggestions, good or bad are all invaluable. Please keep them coming!! My DH and DD have no idea what the name of our ship is. They really are watching me closely to see if I will self destruct. :p [/b][/color][/font]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc]Happy Sailing to all of you![/color][/font][/b]

[b][font=Comic Sans MS][color=#9932cc]Rhapsody of The Seas - July 3, 2005[/color][/font][/b]

[quote name='Sassy Chassis']I can't believe I didn't find this site sooner. Oh well, I'm here now and I've learned alot! :)[/QUOTE]

I also just found the site as well. I am soooooooo addicted. My cruise is less than 3 months away on the NOS 6/25. It is afamily reunion cruise with 25 people. This site has been very helpful.

Robyn, I loved "You Know You're An Addict When". I am guilty of all seven steps!!! I have the binder with the tabs (for 3 upcoming cruises), I know RCCL's phone number by heart (almost), actually, I've made pretty good friends with some of the reps there ,and if I don't stay off CC at work, I may be applying for a job on a RCCl ship soon! I love it!!! ;)

I am as obsessed as everyone else and pretty new to cruising as well. The thing that bothers me is that once you book through a TA, the cruise line can't really help you directly anymore, except for very general ship questions. My question is that since there doesn't seem to be a price advantage to using a TA and we know more than most TA's anyway, thanks to these boards, why bother using them? Next time I think I'd rather just book direct. I really feel more than qualified.;)
Donna

I just walked in the door after being gone since 7:00 this morning. What's the first thing I do. Go to the computer and read CC. My family is always joking about it. But I leave in 6 days and I can't help it:D Oh well!

[font=Comic Sans MS][size=3][color=red]before our 2nd cruise (dec '04) i joined cruise critic. i would wake up a half hour earlier (6:00 a.m.) to see who posted from 11:30 the night before. when i'm on the computer my family doesn't bother talking to me because they know better. everything that has been said earlier is exactly correct. besides the planning for our next cruise, living vicariously through all of your cruises......we are sort of a family......a family of people who love cruising and enjoy helping others. my family thinks i'm nuts....i think we're all fantastic!![/color][/size][/font]

Archived