Valour vs. Dream

pimela

Hi, all. I'm planning a cruise to the Caribbean in the beginning of June. I've never been, don't know any of the ports and am debating the Valour vs. Dream. Just wondering if anyone has experience with both and has an opinion. I'm not a fan of huge crowds. I've previously sailed on Splendor, and didn't think crowds were too bad. I haven't been to any of the areas where the ships sail, so I'm pretty open as far as itinerary.

Thanks for any info!

HI....seeing no one else is responding I will give you my personal take on what I preferred. This is a tough question because everyone has different tastes and reasons that make a cruise great for them.

I sailed on the Valor in February 2011 and the the Dream in February 2010. The Dream consisted of my DH and I with three kids and my parents. The Valor was the same group along with a couple of my siblings and parts of their family and some friends.

I never have a horrible cruise, because I vacation once a year and am thrilled to be able to go.

Overall I preferred the Dream much over the Valor. Not sure if I can explain why, just the whole experience for me. I liked the design of the ship and my kids enjoyed the slide area. I loved the Burgundy lounge. I found the food and entertainment to be much better on the Dream. I loved our cabin steward and our waiter. I did find the buffet area a bit busier on the Dream than on the Valor.

The Valor just didn't wow me. Our waiter in the dining room was unfriendly and obviously didn't want to be there....by no means am I implying that this is how they all are. Of course I could have complained, but you know what I was having a fantastic time with my family and didn't want to be bothered with it. I just didn't find the shows as good as they were on the Dream.

Like I said, it was just more of a personal feeling to me......I see that some people love each of the ships and some don't. I did do a review of our trip on the Dream. If you are interested here is the link. Have a great trip whatever you decide!

Carnival Dream 2/20/10 Attempt at a Review!! (multipage.gif1 2 3 ... Last Page)

I've been on both. I had a fun cruise on both. I perfer the Valor. Why? Valor is smaller (all cruise ships are huge this is relatively speaking). I enjoy meeting and talking to other passengers. The Dream was so big that I rarely if ever ran into people a second time. :( It's not a deal breaker but its just adds a little more to my cruise experience.

Good morning. My wife and I and two of our friends sailed on the Dream in January, 2011. We had a great time and found the ship to be an enjoyable experience. I am taking my wife, our 3 adult children and their significant others on a cruise on Valor in June 2012. I have been following the Valor for that reason and noted that it was just voted the best ship in the Carnival fleet by persons who sailed on her in 2011. I would say you won't go wrong with either ship! Happy Cruising.:)

Thanks so much everyone for your comments! I'm leaning towards the Dream because I like the spa and like the idea of a spa cabin but I've also heard that the cove balconies are great. I'm sure either will be a lot of fun.

When we booked our cruise for June 2012 it was a toss up between the Valor and Dream. We were on the Freedom which is the sister ship to the Valor and enjoyed it very much, after doing some research we thought that the Dream is just way too big, but thats just us. The Valor is 8 days the Dream 7, we ended up picking the Valor because of the ports and the extra day :D.

Archived