Ship time vs real time vs my confused time

FightOnRon

So on April 19th the Splendor, hopefully with me aboard, docks in Puerto Vallarta. I have never had this problem ever, but now I understand there is a difference, sometimes, in ships times vs real (local) times.

My cruise docs state we are in PV from 9am to 9pm. There is an independent shore excursion I want to book that, according to the website, is at 10am. What I can't get is a straight answer as to whether I can make this or not. Are my cruise docs showing local time or ship time?

The tour company told me the Splendor recently has been coming in and docking at 930, thier time, so I should have no problem. Which is fine, but that does not answer what the cruise docs for those passengers states. It may state they arrive at 830 or 930,,I have no way of knowing.

This is handcuffing me for Cabo as with the tenders and the fist fights to get on them and be first off, I won't book anything unless it is from the cruiseline.

I even asked my PVP and got no answer.

General rule going forward anytime you have a time issue, just ask the tour operator. They all know when ships arrive and if they can provide a tour based on the time the ship is in port.

If you encounter one, that cant answer your question, that's a indication they are either inexperienced or new.

Thanks,,I figured it out too. I have contacted the broker and they are going to ask the tour operator if us getting off the ship at 10 would be okay. They don't think there will be a problem,,,,and as we know the reality is we are going to be paying 400 bucks which is a lot to say no too for a lousy 10 minute delay.

Archived