Jennie Baxter CD

Jdleong

• 2 weeks later...

We cruised on the Spirit on April 10th to Cabo, and to our disappointment, we didn't get Todd Wittmer, our prior Spirit CD in November 2004. Jennie is a pleasantly plump lady from England, and although she makes an effort, there is absolutely NO comparison between Todd and her. She is barely even visible or audible, except at the end of the nightly shows when she does her requisite "Let's give it up for ... ". Heck, I could have even done that! Honestly, I don't think she put much effort into the job, and if I had to give her a grade, it would be a D+.

Conversely, having been fortunate enough to have cruised with Todd only months earlier, his performance would have been an A, hands down.

I was telling my wife's family (part of a large group) that I was hoping that Todd was going to be our CD. Unfortunately, we got the polar opposite. :(

Or Jeni Mullane??:confused:

By the description they are giving of Jennie Baxter, probably not Jeni Mullane... Jeni Mullane WAS on the Sensation in October with Michael, I believe they have moved to another ship since? They were great!!

We cruised on the Spirit on April 10th to Cabo, and to our disappointment, we didn't get Todd Wittmer, our prior Spirit CD in November 2004.
Todd's final cruise on the Spirit was the 1/4-12/2005 cruise. I believe he's on another ship now.

This was our 3rd cruise with Carnival, have really liked the CD's on the Ecstasy & Elation. This lady was just awful. Not funny and not really that personable at all. Nothing like we have experienced in the past. Her MAin Social Director was far better than her! We were on the Spirit April 2 -10.

Happy Cruising,

Donna

Todd went to the Conquest....Of my 3 cruises, he is the best CD.Our CD we had on out first Carnival cruise was terrible. So perky, she made my jaw hurt just watching her grin. On RCCL, he was personable, but too far "over the top". Came across as kinda phony, but he sure could sing!!

Todd enjoys all passengers whether or not they particpate in the games, etc. I talked with him a few minutes the last day at sea and gave him and the crew a compliment that brought tears to his eyes. I told him that I have been in retail for over 25 years and we are taught the "10 foot rule". Meet people with your head up, smile and greet them. I told him that no matter what a crew member's position was aboard the Spirit, they all did just that. They ALL made you feel welcome, even the maintenence guys. I asked him to please pass it on to the Captain. He told me that he would take "the 10 foot rule" and tell the Captain and make sure that he would let his next ship's CD staff about it. He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said that it was one of the highest compliments he'd ever been give.

Todd enjoys all passengers whether or not they particpate in the games, etc. I talked with him a few minutes the last day at sea and gave him and the crew a compliment that brought tears to his eyes. I told him that I have been in retail for over 25 years and we are taught the "10 foot rule". Meet people with your head up, smile and greet them. I told him that no matter what a crew member's position was aboard the Spirit, they all did just that. They ALL made you feel welcome, even the maintenence guys. I asked him to please pass it on to the Captain. He told me that he would take "the 10 foot rule" and tell the Captain and make sure that he would let his next ship's CD staff about it. He hugged me and gave me a kiss on the cheek and said that it was one of the highest compliments he'd ever been give.

So true about Todd. He was a very warm and personable guy, not just another CD. He really cared, and like you mention, very approachable. Those qualities make such a difference in people, whether they're cruise directors or politicians. If we get the chance to cruise on the Conquest, we'll make sure that he's at the helm ... pun intended! :rolleyes:

Archived