Suggestions for a private tour

DanielBu

Hello,

we have just booked a private tour with Victor Bodden. It is us to decide were to go.

We are looking for nature, scenic stops / walks, places that are not crowded. We are not into monkeys, iguanas etc.

Can somebody please suggest where we should stop or what we should see / visit?

Thx.

Daniel

Berlin / Germany

I agree with guest 2000!!! We talked with our driver from Victor Bodden and he took us to a few of the "must see" spots, but wasted little time in taking us within a few miles of where he lived and we strolled the beach with the locals, went to a local little dive for lunch, no AC but GREAT FOOD!!! If you want to experience their true culture, a private tour with Victor will be a memorable experience!! I hope that they don't turn into just another island that caters to what they think American's want. There are enough Cozumels and Grand Caymans, Roatan needs to stay true to who they are and you can have a truely unique experience!

Weused Victor in 2010, and he was great, but this March I am switching to Rony's, as he will take us even on the unpaved roads of the east end. We will go to Oak ridge, Punta Gorda , and Camp Bay where there is a neat little restaurant over the water. We just are ready to see the undeveloped side of Roatan.

Victor is great, but will only take you as far as Punta Gorda, a Garifuna village on the north side, where I believe the pavement quits. This would be nice, but we want to go a little farther, so I cancelled with Victor, and am using Rony's or Christopher Tours.

Will they wait while you snorkel? Is there anything that would be a "Don't Miss This!" We are thinking of going with Victor but the unpaved part of the island sounds fun too. Thanks for any input!

Forgot to mention there is a little restaurant at Camp Bay called La Silenas , sits over the water. We want to have lunch there, and there are some really remote beaches in this area.You can find La Sirena on you.tube and see a video of it.

Will they wait while you snorkel? Is there anything that would be a "Don't Miss This!" We are thinking of going with Victor but the unpaved part of the island sounds fun too. Thanks for any input!

Archived