Urgent computer geek help! :)

moesyk4

We fly out tomorrow morning, yea! I'm setting up accounts for my MIL and I on Funville so we can chat on Currently Onboard.

I've set up the thread, I can open the thread, hit reply, type a message, etc, but when I hit the "Post Message" button...nothing. No response, no error, it's just like I didn't push it.

I tried our old computer and it works fine on there so I know it's not our website. But our old computer isn't in a place where she could reach it easily with her mobility issues. What would cause that button not to work on the screen?

It probably has to do with your internet program but I am not going to second guess that- however, easiest thing to do is to move the old computer. Put it someplace your MIL can easily reach it, then relax and don't drive yourself crazy trying to fix it. Moving a computer is usually much easier than moving software.

What browser do you use? Do you use similar browser and version as the one in your old computer? I find most sites work on IE, if not, try Firefox or Safari.

I would recommend either Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox. Both are completely free and allows you to add different add-ons for your browsing needs. I use Google Chrome all the time (not a big fan of Microsoft).

I always hear fans of the fringe browsers suggesting installing them as a solution to a technical problem. If you're having problems with the website, it seems unlikely that it is the browser. But I would try closing out and re-opening. Maybe re-boot, but I wouldn't install one of those fringe browsers. You'd probably create more problems than you'd solve.

We fly out tomorrow morning, yea! I'm setting up accounts for my MIL and I on Funville so we can chat on Currently Onboard.

I've set up the thread, I can open the thread, hit reply, type a message, etc, but when I hit the "Post Message" button...nothing. No response, no error, it's just like I didn't push it.

I tried our old computer and it works fine on there so I know it's not our website. But our old computer isn't in a place where she could reach it easily with her mobility issues. What would cause that button not to work on the screen?

Clear cookies and the browser cache. Then reboot the computer.

Also make sure you don't have the internet security settings set too tight-Internet Explorer likes to default to not accepting third party cookies, which might be needed in this case. Look under Security tab.

And I'd also install Firefox-it's not a "fringe" browser, it's now dominant and supports just about everything and with superior security. It's also easier to configure.

Haha I'm already a "fringe" kind of gal and had Google Chrome downloaded, I'm sure if I messed around with IE long enough I could figure it out but worked perfectly wtih Chrome, you guys are lifesavers!

Last night when I posted this I thought "Why am I posting a computer question on CC?" But I knew you guys would come through :)

Thanks again!!!

A little too late to help (but hopefully it will help others), but I had the same issue. I finally downloaded Mozilla Firefox internet explorer, and I can now post messages on Funville. (One of my computer geek sons suggested this to me.) :)

Archived