Questions concering NCL

rnh

Hi. WE just got off our 1st cruise using CCL and still haven't been able to get back to normal. This cruising is great stuff. Questions for NCL users are:

on the Spirit

What is approx sq ft of inside rooms?

How's the cruise in your opionion compare to CCL

Thanks in advance

I am not taking a cheap shot at your questions, but you gave so few details about what you like and dislike, it is like asking a group of blind men to tell someone what an elephant looks like by touching the trunk or the tail or a leg.

The replies will be all over the place.

Throw otu some more specifics...what did you like, or dislike about CCL? What are your expectations?

On the NCL web site you can get the square footage of each catagory of cabin. NOTE, CCL is know for larger cabins but cabin size may be totally unimportant to some and importnat to others

Next....San Juan

Jim, didn't want to make long winded, but have to agree with you. Well on our 1st cruise don't have anything to complain about. Had inside rm which I thought was great. didn't need a window cause If i wanted to see outside I would go up top. I did say to wife that next time it would be nice to have balcony, but after looking at price differences I feel balcony could pass as I could use xtra moola on excursions in port. Food on CCL was Good,always warm. Room STeward was the best. Met him once, but room was always straigten each time we came back with ice in bin and he made the best animals. We don't gamble, and we rarely drink so can't comment or ask suggestions on this. WE didn't attend any shows. So most of you reading this are asking yourself " what did these people do" well absoultely nothing. And had a great time doing nothing. laid out, went to gym, watch people and enjoyed doing nothing. First time in my life I was really able to unwind. I guess what I'm looking for is just general reviews on anyones likes and dislikes while cruising with NCL. It looks like the Spirit is a new ship so I'm not seeing any reviews yet. HOpe this helped if not oh well. Everyone enjoy their next cruise cause I'm going to!!!!

I'm leaving for Seattle a week from today, so when I get back I can tell y'all all about the Spirit.

As for the CCL/NCL Comparison... first off, let me say, as many of you probably already know, my husband used to be senior trial counsel for CCL in Miami. He was a CCL junkie and we only cruised on CCL. Then for our honeymoon we wanted to go to Hawaii. The NCL prices were better than Carnival's and NCL had the dates we needed, so we figured we would try it. WE LOVED NCL! Now Randall won't cruise CCL unless the price is considerably better or the itinerary is one we really want.

NCL seems slightly more mature (I've never seen crazy games at the pool, the waiters don't sing and dance), but mature in a good way. The decor seems classier on NCL, Freestyle is nice because you have a choice of when and where to dine, and overall we just got a better experience with NCL.

I know others will have differing opinions, as everyone has different expectations for their cruise, and bad things do happen (I'm sure even Cunard & Seaborne have bad cruises occasionally).

I'll be sure and post pics of our Spirit sailing when I get back, as well as a lengthy review.

Natalie

Superstar Leo to Alaska 5/22/04

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=4169e1&cdt=2004;5;22;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800http://community.webshots.com/user/natalunia

Archived