Injury on the Magic

jenwright1

I just heard the USCG side of a conversation with the Magic. Apparently a woman broke her femur and the CG doesn't think that it's safe to do a hoist with the helicopter, so the ship must return to port. They're only 10 miles out and from what I can see on AIS, there's a pilot about to board them and bring them back in. Love having a VHF radio at work.

Poor lady! We had to wait in port once when a guy slipped and fell right after reboarding in St. Thomas. Hit his head on the elevator door or floor (it was a head and neck thing and involved the elevator anyway) ... it always makes me feel so bad for people who get hurt on vacation. I fell down the stairs on the Victory after muster while carrying my 7 mo old - twisted my ankle and protected his precious little (ok enormous) head ... we were ok, but it is very scary to get hurt onboard - even when only a little way offshore. I'm glad the company errs to the side of safety and returns to port when these things happen.

Archived