Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

To all those that have helped me understand this project these past several months, thank you. If you refer to my post, 1557, you'll see I did learn something.

Megan, this is a long way from over. There is a lot of work to be done on the Starboard side before she can be hauled away, probably next spring, early summer.

Also, they are ever mindful of the 2 missing people.

Is Costa covering this or their insurance?

ugh two press conferences on at once.

$800million so far, most, if not all covered by insurance. Can reach $1.1billion.

Do not know what Costa's insurance policy is lsimilar to Carnival Cruise Line with a $65million deductible.

http://news.yahoo.com/unprecedented-salvage-italy-cruise-ship-starts-072555437.html

Edited by SadieN

OK its been a long day but what I understand is that they started filling the caissons and the strand jacks are now redundant. The pace is determined by Nick Sloane who can take her down quickly or slowly. This should be a maximum of 4 hours but could be a lot quicker. The ship is aligned perfectly for the platform.

I started this at 5am and it is now 23.25 all bst so I reckon if I can do18 hours 25 minutes I can do another couple of hours. What do you reckon.

OK its been a long day but what I understand is that they started filling the caissons and the strand jacks are now redundant. The pace is determined by Nick Sloane who can take her down quickly or slowly. This should be a maximum of 4 hours but could be a lot quicker. The ship is aligned perfectly for the platform.

I started this at 5am and it is now 23.25 all bst so I reckon if I can do18 hours 25 minutes I can do another couple of hours. What do you reckon.

Go for it. This will probably never happen again. I was up at 5 as well, I had to work but my phone and you lot on here kept me updated. Whats another couple of hours between friends

Go for it

Just another couple of hours

BTW - Thanks for starting this thread. I've found this whole endeavor fascinating and this thread has added immense value

Thank you for the thread and any updates. You deserve the worlds longest nap, if I were there you could and then wake you guys up after an hour. What time is it over there?

11.45 in UK and 12.45 in Italy

Sent from my MT11i using Tapatalk 2