Concordia News: Please Post Here

kingcruiser1

[QUOTE=Tonka's Skipper;39973090]Well I told them I was not leaving here until the crane to on site.

A 44' Viking throttle locked on 1 engine as they were approaching thier slip Sunday morning and tore into the dock.

Luckily no one was hurt and the other boat damage was minor. The Viking we got out of the water yesterday. She will spend the winter in the repair yard though.

AKK[/QUOTE]

At lest no one was hurt.

[quote name='davenmarcia']I am using this site [url]http://www.ilpost.it/2013/09/16/live-raddrizzamento-costa-concordia-streaming-diretta-video/[/url]
but had to go into the computer settings to change the balance. i guess you could use headphones and just use the right one.
dave[/QUOTE]

Mine came back and she was mixed with the other person. But it seems everything is still going as it should. I am using head phones as not to keep DH up.

Here is a reminder whats still inside (found it on the Telegraph website in the UK)

[I]Trapped inside the upturned hull are more than 24,000lbs of fish, nearly 5,500lbs of cheese, 1,500 gallons of ice cream in tubs, 24,000lbs of pasta, 2,000lbs of onions, more than 2,000 pots of jam and nearly 17,000 tea bags.
Rotting beneath the waterline are more than 17,000lbs of raw beef, nearly 11,000 eggs, 2,346 hot dog buns, 815lbs of rabbit meat and more than 1,000 gallons of milk.
Some of the food and drink is sealed, presenting less of a pollution risk, including 18,000 bottles of wine, 22,000 cans of Coca-Cola, 1,000 bottles of extra virgin olive oil, 46,000 miniature bottles of spirits and 10 bottles of communion wine for the ship's chapel.
[/I]

The webcams we used for so many weeks have become partly unresponsive or erratic. Glad to see that Reuters have an own team on site (using their own Sat feed).

12 o'Clock UK, Now raised by 3 degrees and has come free at the critical bits from the granite seabed. Early moments, but going to plan.

[quote name='Mike.Minh']Here is a reminder whats still inside (found it on the Telegraph website in the UK)

[I]Trapped inside the upturned hull are more than 24,000lbs of fish, nearly 5,500lbs of cheese, 1,500 gallons of ice cream in tubs, 24,000lbs of pasta, 2,000lbs of onions, more than 2,000 pots of jam and nearly 17,000 tea bags.[/I]
[I]Rotting beneath the waterline are more than 17,000lbs of raw beef, nearly 11,000 eggs, 2,346 hot dog buns, 815lbs of rabbit meat and more than 1,000 gallons of milk.[/I]
[I]Some of the food and drink is sealed, presenting less of a pollution risk, including 18,000 bottles of wine, 22,000 cans of Coca-Cola, 1,000 bottles of extra virgin olive oil, 46,000 miniature bottles of spirits and 10 bottles of communion wine for the ship's chapel.[/I]

The webcams we used for so many weeks have become partly unresponsive or erratic. Glad to see that Reuters have an own team on site (using their own Sat feed).

12 o'Clock UK, Now raised by 3 degrees and has come free at the critical bits from the granite seabed. Early moments, but going to plan.[/quote]

A good deal of the frozen beef. seafood and food stuffs will be in sealed reefers, so at least its contained.

OOPS, I think you just said that Edited by Tonka's Skipper