Cruising in 2013 - early bird discounts?

Hi all,

We want to cruise on the Allure of Seas in April 2013 and just wondered if we booked it far in advance (say around April/May this year) are there any benefits, eg early bird booking discounts?

This will be our first cruise ever, we live in Australia and thought we would take the kids to Disney, Florida then we spotted the Allure of the Seas on a tv program and thought 'WOW', might as well do that while we're there :D

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I cant answer your question above, however I recently took my kids on a trip to Orlando to the theme parks, and did heaps of research.

Feel free to contact me if you want to ask questions.

We travelled from Melbourne.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks Daniel, we have been to Disney before about 10 years ago but thought we owed a trip to the youngest one lol (she'll be 7 when we go so hopefully she will be big enough to pass the height limit on quite a few rides!).

Will keep you in mind and might contact you nearer the time for your tips ;)

No early bird discounts, but prices tend to only go up for cruises during popular times. If the price drops on your booked cruise prior to final payment, you are entitled to the price differential, provided the room category and size are not sold out.

Booking early also gives you a much greater variety of rooms from which to choose.

Good luck! You'll love the Allure, and what a way to start your cruising "career". I warn, though. You may find yourself addicted to cruising!

The Allure is a gret ship, but depending on the ages of the kids and their interests, Disney might be a better choice. Disney also has some new ships and they do a great job with kids. If my kids were under 10, I would take them on Disney.

I like to book early and watch for price drops when and if the price drops call your travel agent to get discount. We actually booked 18 months ahead and it gives you plenty of time to save and plan. You and your family will love the Allure or Oasis ship there is so much to do and once you cruise that's it you will be hooked ! We are already thinking about 2014 where we want to go.

My advice: Book as soon as you can for these big ships...prices tend to go up and only rarely, very rarely drop around 4-6 weeks before sailing, at which time, if you waited, airfare prices from Oz would be prohibitive!:eek:

We are already booked for mid April on Allure. Do check that whatever booking agent you use does allow a full refund if you cancel before your final payment is due. Here in the US, that is the case, but sometimes individual booking agents or Travel Agents have their own policies if you book through them.

Another little piece of advice...if your kids like the Harry Potter books and movies, Universal Island Of Adventure has a Harry Potter World that is phenomenal... It looks straight out of the movies sets!

Hope you enjoy planning your trip!

Archived