Blue Lagoon Island Dolphin Encounter through Royal Caribbean

mmcruise

I just reserved the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon Island for our upcoming cruise on Allure. We spent the extra $90 :eek: to do it through the cruise line because we are in port for such a limited time (7am-3pm) and don't want to risk missing the ship.

I have a couple of questions I haven't found answers to, so hoping someone else can help.

1. Does the RCCL catamaran to Blue Lagoon Island sail directly from the same pier where the ship comes in or do we still have to go to Paradise Island? Is it crowded? How many other people are on the excursion?

2. Is there any time after the dolphin encounter to enjoy the beach? Would hate to race there and back - but the description on the RCCL website says 30 minute dolphin encounter, 30 minutes of free time. So what are you doing for the rest of the 4 hours? Is there a lot of waiting around in the hot sun?

3. Am I being spoiled or a sissy to not book direct through Blue Lagoon Island? Could we get there on our own easily or would it take too long?

Any other tips or ideas are welcome. We were going to do the stingrays at Blackbeard's Cay, but with the big question mark hanging over the island's availability (we are going in early April), and DS9 asking if we could do the dolphin encounter, decided to take the plunge.

Thanks!

I've done this excursion thru Carnival before, but it was the same set up. We did it independently, but we had much more time.......I think you are wise to pay the extra to make sure you get back on time. There is quite a long walk to get to the shuttle/ferry over to the island, so be prepared for that. We found that they hustled us back onto the ferry after the dolphin swim - I was pressed for time to do a little shopping and order our video in the gift shop. If they start hurrying you, ask them when the next ferry is - just say you'd like to walk around the island a little bit if possible, and they will probably allow you to do so. As far as the time management, we didn't experience any standing around waiting........and I'm SURE we were in the water for much longer than 30 min.

The dolphin swim is wonderful - you will not regret spending the $$$ for this! We were a group of 4 teens with special needs celebrating their HS graduation and their 4 moms and the staff was terrific to work with!

I just reserved the Dolphin Encounter at Blue Lagoon Island for our upcoming cruise on Allure. We spent the extra $90 :eek: to do it through the cruise line because we are in port for such a limited time (7am-3pm) and don't want to risk missing the ship.

I have a couple of questions I haven't found answers to, so hoping someone else can help.

1. Does the RCCL catamaran to Blue Lagoon Island sail directly from the same pier where the ship comes in or do we still have to go to Paradise Island? Is it crowded? How many other people are on the excursion?

2. Is there any time after the dolphin encounter to enjoy the beach? Would hate to race there and back - but the description on the RCCL website says 30 minute dolphin encounter, 30 minutes of free time. So what are you doing for the rest of the 4 hours? Is there a lot of waiting around in the hot sun?

3. Am I being spoiled or a sissy to not book direct through Blue Lagoon Island? Could we get there on our own easily or would it take too long?

Any other tips or ideas are welcome. We were going to do the stingrays at Blackbeard's Cay, but with the big question mark hanging over the island's availability (we are going in early April), and DS9 asking if we could do the dolphin encounter, decided to take the plunge.

Thanks!

Bookin the excursion through cruise line do they take you over to paradise island to the ferry terminal to Blue Lagoon Island or do you have to make your own way to the ferry terminal.

Bookin the excursion through cruise line do they take you over to paradise island to the ferry terminal to Blue Lagoon Island or do you have to make your own way to the ferry terminal.

If you book thru the cruiseline, the ferry will pick you up at the nearby wharf. No need to go to the Paradise Isalnd Ferry terminal.

Thank you so much. I have gone ahead and booked this based on your feedback and also some great feedback from my roll call.

That must have been a terrific experience for your graduating seniors - how wonderful!

It was great, and the staff were so accommodating! One of the things the dolphins do is bring you a present - rocks from the bottom of their pool. Our girls just thought this was the greatest!!

Archived