NCL Norwegian Gem – Deal or No Deal game

rfcf2trips

The fee was $20 per card. While sitting in the audience, you play along with the on-stage contestant, opening your suitcases on the card. In other words, whatever number they choose on stage, you open yours, too.

If you get so many matches you win a prize. We won our choice of photo from the photo gallery. It was kind of fun, but don't think I would do it again. Would rather have put the $20 in a slot machine:D

TracyE

Price of a Deal or No Deal card was $19.95 Each session consisted of two players on stage. With everyone in the audiance playing along with the cards they purchased. After both games were played the computer randomly selected a third person. A large wheel spun with prizes as high as $200.00 (I think that was top prize) payable to that person. We just got off the Gem's 10 night cruise. My DW was selected to go onstage. She had a horrible board and ended up winning $103.00 Plus $50.00 on her play alomg card. Next game she won a free photo in the gift shop.

Do they randomly choose from the audience? Or do you have to sign up ahead of time to be a "contestant" - on stage?:confused:

Participants are randomly selected via computer. If the number on the bottom of your card is a match then your first name second initial will be displayed on the giant video board.

hello i played deal or no deal on Jewel. My card was almost called. i was off by a few numbers. I lost in the play along. The top prizes is $1000. The person on stage in the first round won a $1000. In second round a person won just a penny. If you get on stage, keep an eye on the penny. It never go away till the end since this is all electronic. If you are not sure whether to gamble it, check out how the show run. On Jewel they had it for two day back to back. Like i said earlier you need to watch the penny and if someone got that $1000 in first round then you know it won't happen again. You need to know when to quit before you drop to a penny. It only $20 for entry and chance to get on stage. If you get lost in how to play along, you can stop by at the purser desk and they got all the name and prizes amount on the sheet.

• 3 weeks later...

Just want to clarify that though the game is electronic, it is entirely random and legal gaming certified. The penny does not follow any set pattern just as it wouldn't on the real show. You could have the penny show up at any point in the game. The contestant playing the game on stage is playing exactly the same rules as if they were playing the TV version. Anyone could be a winner during any game- there is no throttling. Players in the audience are playing a slightly different matching game for prizes which, while it isn't the same, is still fun to play. :)

hello i played deal or no deal on Jewel. My card was almost called. i was off by a few numbers. I lost in the play along. The top prizes is $1000. The person on stage in the first round won a $1000. In second round a person won just a penny. If you get on stage, keep an eye on the penny. It never go away till the end since this is all electronic. If you are not sure whether to gamble it, check out how the show run. On Jewel they had it for two day back to back. Like i said earlier you need to watch the penny and if someone got that $1000 in first round then you know it won't happen again. You need to know when to quit before you drop to a penny. It only $20 for entry and chance to get on stage. If you get lost in how to play along, you can stop by at the purser desk and they got all the name and prizes amount on the sheet.

Archived