Jade suite: DVD standard?

Tomppe

We will be going on a 2-br Family Suite on Jade.

Does anyone know whether the DVD players in these suites are multi-region or do they only play DVD's for region 1 (US&Canada).

I would like to take along a couple of DVD's for our children who do not yet understand enough of English to watch Amercian movies without Finnish subtitles...

That's a very good question - Since the Jade is primarily a European ship, I would assume that the DVD players are either multi-region, or perhaps just Region 2.

I think you're going to have to ask that question directly to NCL to get the proper answer.

I was on the Jade January 2011 in a suite. NCL has a whole library of DVD's for free rental for the suite guests. Just contact your butler with the DVD number from the list and he/she will bring it to your suite.

We will be going on a 2-br Family Suite on Jade.

Does anyone know whether the DVD players in these suites are multi-region or do they only play DVD's for region 1 (US&Canada).

I would like to take along a couple of DVD's for our children who do not yet understand enough of English to watch Amercian movies without Finnish subtitles...

I'm sorry that I missed the part about the Finnish subtitles. I doubt that the DVD library on board has any.

On the Jade we never were able to play anything other than Region 1 DVD's and sometimes illegal :eek: DVD's, back when the Jade was primarily outside Europe, but also since the Jade is primarily in Europe. Unless I have been doing something wrong with the machine all the time. The DVD library is convenient, but forget recent blockbusters. Bring your Region 1 discs or home brewed discs, and hope for the best, if you do not want to watch Gladiator or Happy Feet 1 for the 5th time.

Archived