Golden Age Refund Denali TWT-Search ??

Raisin70

I had read a post about applying for a $10 refund after the TWT because I have a Golden Age Passport. I wanted to copy the info as to who and how.

I've tryed to use the search function with little success. If I search on Golden age refund Denali I get everything to do with every word. I read the page on using search and used ^golden age refund Denali$ and got mostly general things about Denali and it was 40 screens of info.

This search function works (doesn't work) the same as most forums. :eek:

I have been reading these forums for 5 months almost everyday and there is great info from some very helpful people, but I have to read almost every post to find it.

Is there a better way and oh how about the refund, thanks...

I had read a post about applying for a $10 refund after the TWT because I have a Golden Age Passport. I wanted to copy the info as to who and how.

I've tryed to use the search function with little success. If I search on Golden age refund Denali I get everything to do with every word. I read the page on using search and used ^golden age refund Denali$ and got mostly general things about Denali and it was 40 screens of info.

This search function works (doesn't work) the same as most forums. :eek:

I have been reading these forums for 5 months almost everyday and there is great info from some very helpful people, but I have to read almost every post to find it.

Is there a better way and oh how about the refund, thanks...

This is from the Denali National Park website:

There is an entrance fee assessed with each bus reservation.

Holders of either a Denali Annual Pass or one of the several types of Federal Recreation Lands Passes may obtain a refund for their pre-paid entrance fee by presenting their valid pass, along with a photo ID and material showing payment of the entrance fee, upon arriving in Denali. Your refund may be processed at either the Riley Creek Mercantile or the Wilderness Access Center. If you made your reservations, and paid your entrance fee, through a third party vendor, such as a cruise line, you may need to seek reimbursement from that third party.

Thanks, would not be worth the bother, cruise info just says included. The post I was looking for said where to send request after tour. I don't really mind donating the fee.

I really need to learn how to use the search function or is it really that hard to use. The problem is the number of returned posts that have nothing to do with the search title except for one word. I just got so frustrated trying to use the search. It should work much better than this. I thought I'd ask and learn something.

Thanks, would not be worth the bother, cruise info just says included. The post I was looking for said where to send request after tour.

I really need to learn how to use the search fuction or is it really that hard to use. The problem is the number of returned posts that have nothing to do with the search title except for one word.

I have gotten the refund twice and both times was on a HAL cruisetour staying at the Chalets. I asked our tour director for something that I could submit for the refund. I took that paperwork to the front desk at the Chalets and they offered me a $20.00 voucher to be used at the Chalets ($10.00 for each of 2 people) or told me they would send the refund to our home address. Both times I took the voucher and used the $20.00 to cover the breakfast buffet. Since I had read about the refund I made sure to take my Golden Pass with me on vacation since you will also need to show them that pass.

I think the Chalets are part of the national park network, otherwise you could show your paperwork where ever they sell the tickets for the busses that go into the park.

Thanks that was the answer I was looking for. I will print it out this time lol. I'm on Princess so I will see how that works...

I tell my family I don't need to take the trip as I've been there thru posts and pictures.....

Archived