Allure Zip Line

LynnTH

I tried searching but couldn't find my answer. My DH does not own any tennis shoes - either wears work boots or sandals. He has a pair of close toed sandals. Would he be able to wear these on the zip line. Don't want to buy a pair of tennis shoes just to do this. Thanks.

There was a photo key at the zipline on Oasis with x 's through the things not ok...I'm pretty sure work boots were ok, at least I remember seeing them without the x through them. Unfortunately keen the sandals with the entirely closed toes had an x through them ( no idea why!), as did enclosed soft reef runner water shoes. I found the graphic weird, but that's what I saw...hopefully you can find something that works!

One other think you might think of doing is to go to a good resale shop and see if they have a pair of nice tennis shoes in his size. I work in a resale shop and we get lots of nice, clean men's athletic shoes in all the time. I know every shop is different but we usually charge $4 or $5 per pair. Not much to have the correct footwear with no intention of wearing them again. After the cruise, take them back for a donation.

I tried searching but couldn't find my answer. My DH does not own any tennis shoes - either wears work boots or sandals. He has a pair of close toed sandals. Would he be able to wear these on the zip line. Don't want to buy a pair of tennis shoes just to do this. Thanks.

I have to ask. How does an adult not have sneakers? I heard about no "dress shoes" or but sneakers is like the most common, and normal form of casual footwear. I'm not flaming here, just never heard or met anyone without sneakers.

RCI web says appropriate secure closed toe shoes, so he might be ok. Most people we saw wore sneakers and for good reason....stopping is a little rough. If the bottom of his shoes are slippery they might not let him.

Its not about the grip, it is about shoes falling off. They don't want your shoes to fall off onto someone on boardwalk.

You also can not have on any watches nor can you have anything in your pocket other than seapass card (I guess cash would be OK too). They will pat you down to make sure nothing is in pockets.

The zipline had shoes you could borrow as long as you had socks. They were off to the side in a small cubby against the wall. Saw 2 different folks using them. They almost looked like the similar ones used for the rock climbing wall. This was last week.

Hmmm.....wonder if Vibrams are ok? Hope so, that is all I plan on bringing as far as "workout shoes".

I think they'd be ok if they tie...that's the key to it, the ties, so that you are not wearing slip ons which could potentially " fall off" in flight. Also closed toe for landing and not stubbing your piggies. ;)

The photos at the zip line are hysterical, there are x's through the highest heel tramp shoes youve ever seen...i cant even imagine a woman wearing them on deck, much less to the zipline and then the work boots are on there as well as those LLBean boots that they just made a car out of for the 100 th birthday without the x. I just laughed and thought, "who would wear work boots or LBean snow boots on a Caribbbean cruise?":rolleyes:

When I go on Allure I am taking a picture of that graphic...it was pretty funny!

I have to ask. How does an adult not have sneakers? I heard about no "dress shoes" or but sneakers is like the most common, and normal form of casual footwear. I'm not flaming here, just never heard or met anyone without sneakers.

I haven't bought a new pair of sneakers in 7 years. I hate them so much. I wear an old pair to work out in, and the pair that I bought 7 years ago are a pair of champions I bought a pay less for $10. I only wear them to my dance studio to teach and home so they are just starting to become worn in. I am not a fan of sneakers and if I didn't work out I probably wouldn't own a pair either.

I haven't bought a new pair of sneakers in 7 years. I hate them so much. I wear an old pair to work out in, and the pair that I bought 7 years ago are a pair of champions I bought a pay less for $10. I only wear them to my dance studio to teach and home so they are just starting to become worn in. I am not a fan of sneakers and if I didn't work out I probably wouldn't own a pair either.

Yeah - My DH hasn't owned a pair in years either. He wears workboots at work in the winter and sandals in the summer (he works at a Marina). Good to know they do have some to borrow. Don't want to buy a pair of shoes and pack them for something he may do once or twice. (They would take up valuable room in the luggage...).

Thanks again for all the replies. Lynn

Don't want to buy a pair of shoes and pack them for something he may do once or twice.

Honestly, the zip line is not *that* great. It's fun, but it only lasts a couple seconds. Definitely not worth buying a new pair of shoes and taking up all that space in your suitcase. Borrow shoes from the rock climbing wall or zip line if you can, or ask some kind stranger in line if your husband can borrow his shoes for two seconds. :D

Archived