Mexican Riviera cruises cancelled or not for flu?

FightOnRon

So on this board, in the Mexican Riviera seciton, there is a thread about H1N1,,aka swine flu,,and an outbreak in Mexico. A person posted there that thier Mexican cruise in October has been cancelled and Princess is cancelling all Mexican Riviera cruises.

True or false and will Carnival do the same?

I'm still worried (and will be angry if this happens),,here is the qute form the other thread

We just booked a few balcony cabins on a Princess ship for an October 13th cruise, then the travel agent called back and said Princess has cancelled all Mexico cruises. This was just today. Apparently the news should be announced soon, like possibly tomorrow.

The travel agent has booked us on many cruises in the past, and he will keep on top of things, and also let us know what else he hears. As of now, we are not going to cruise the Mexican Riviera in October.

Yes, but she does not know why they cancelled the cruises out of there. It could be that they merely decided to go another way for financial reasons. If you read the article that one of the posters put up it shows that there is nothing to worry about. It sounds like the same type of things that go on here in the U.S.A. during flu season. Just have your flu shot and you should be good to go unless we hear otherwise...:D

It seems a bit early to be canceling cruises for October because of flu. A lot can happen between now and October! Maybe there's another reason? I know a few yearsback we had a Princess cruise planned out of Florida for the 1st week of May it got cancelled due to they decided to move the ship to the Med early. We had the choice to rebook in April and got a cabin upgrade.

I looked at Princess website and they will still let you book for Mexico,,but funny is if you look at thier 2012 calander for the fall, they only show Sept, Nov and Dec as available months. But they will let you book. If they wouldn't let you book, why would thier website let you.

Out of curiosity I checked my cruise on the CCL site and I am happy to report prices have gone up 200 bucks since I booked,,,yay for me.

Archived