2012 wine list?

tammk

Sloop-JohnB did you post the 2012 wine list yet? You had mentioned a lot of fleet wide changes for 2012; we have the premium package and are very interested in the wine by the glass for the constellation; we sail on Feb.11!

Thanks

Tammy

Sloop-JohnB did you post the 2012 wine list yet? You had mentioned a lot of fleet wide changes for 2012; we have the premium package and are very interested in the wine by the glass for the constellation; we sail on Feb.11!

Thanks

Tammy

Hi Tammk,

No I have not posted the FULL Listing. There are OVER a 1000 entries in this list... and very few of them in "everyday English" (most of them being in Italian or French) ... and to boot the original documents are in fairly small print and extremely "light" print (which makes it pretty hard on the eyes as well) ... which is also why unfortunately they can't be scanned... so it takes quite a bit of time to type / transcribe them (as I am sure you can appreciate).

At this time though, I do have the Primary Listing almost complete for the Main Dining Rooms (MDR & Blu) ... and that is where one finds the "bulk" of the By The Glass Listings that are available on the ship... (with very few exceptions... although granted there is only a small smattering of Wines By The Glass available in each of the various Bars around the ship).

Here then that part of the 2012 Celebrity Wine List

--- --- ---

2012 CELEBRITY CRUISES WINE LIST

BY THE GLASS (MAIN DINING ROOM)

CHAMPAGNES & SPARKLING WINES

$ 7.00 – Fantinel, PROSECCO EXTRA BRUT, “Cuvee Prestige”, Italy

$ 14.50 – Domaine Chandon, ROSE, “Etoile”, California, USA

$ 9.00 – Domaine Chandon, BRUT, “Classic”, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Codorniu, CAVA BRUT, “Anna du Codorniu”, Spain

$ 18.00 – Perrier-Jouet, GRAND BRUT, Champagne, France

WHITE WINES

$ 12.00 – Conundrum, WHITE BLEND, California, USA

$ 7.00 – J&H Selbach, RIESLING, KABINETT, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany

$ 7.50 – Bollini, PINOT-GRIGIO, Trentino, Italy

$ 6.50 – Raimat, ALBARINO, “Castell de Raimat”, Costers Del Segre, Spain

$ 8.50 – Clifford Bay, SAUVIGNON BLANC, Marlborough, New Zealand

$ 6.00 – Jean-Luc Colombo, VIOGNIER, “La Violette”, Languedoc, France

$ 7.50 – Ken Forrester, CHENIN BLANC, Stellenbosch, South Africa

$ 9.00 – Anton Bauer, GRUNER VELTLINER, “Gmork”, Wagram, Austria

$ 11.00 – Michel Redde, POUILLY-FUME, “La Moynerier”, Loire, France

$ 16.00 – Grgich Hills, CHARDONNAY, Napa Valley, California, USA

$ 6.50 – St Francis Vineyards, CHARDONNAY, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 8.50 – Celebrity Cruises, CHARDONNAY, “Cellar Master”, California, USA

BLUSH / ROSE WINES

$ 5.50 – Beringer, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Jean-Luc Colombo, ROSE, “Cape Bleue”, Cotes de Provence, France

$ 5.50 – Torres, ROSADO, Catalunya, “Sangre de Toro de Casta”, Catalonia, Spain

RED WINES

$ 8.50 – Kendall-Jackson, PINOT NOIR, “Vintner’s Reserve”, California, USA

$ 17.00 – Ponzi, PINOT NOIR, Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA

$ 6.50 – Cune, TEMPRANILLO, Crianza, Rioja, Spain

$ 8.50 – Nozzole, CHIANTI CLASSICO, “Villa di Nozzole”, Tuscany, Italy

$ 7.50 – Rutherford Ranch, MERLOT, Napa Valley, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Montgras, CARMENERE, “Reserva”, Colchagua Valley, Chile

$ 8.50 – Celebrity Cruises, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, “Cellar Master” California, USA

$ 8.50 – Bodega Catena Zapata, MALBEC, “Catena”, Mendoza, Argentina

$ 12.00 – Dry Creek Vineyard, ZINFANDEL, “Old Vines”, Sonoma County, California, USA

$ 7.50 – Ross Estate, SHIRAZ, “Lights Out”, Barossa Valley, Australia

$ 10.00 – Yangarra Estate, GRENACHE, “Old Vines”, McLaren Vale, Australia

$ 10.00 – Chateau Castera, MEDOC CRU SUPERIEUR, Bordeaux, France

$ 16.00 – Freemark Abbey, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Napa Valley, California, USA

$ 7.00 – Wente Vineyards, CABERNET SAUVIGNON “Heritage Blend”, San Francisco Bay, California, USA

LATE HARVEST WINES (Lush & Silky)

$ 26.00 – Peller Estates, VIDAL BLANC, Ice Wine, “Signature Series”, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario Canada

$ 8.00 – Barton & Guestier, SAUTERNES, Bordeaux, France

$ 12.00 – Pacific Rim, RIESLING, “Vin de Glaciere, Selenium Vineyard”, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

$ 10.00 – Oremus, Late Harvest, TOKAJI, Hungary

FORTIFIED WINES (Rich & Refined)

$ 9.50 – Chateau de Jau, MUSCAT DE RIVESALTES, Roussillon, France

$ 6.00 – Fonseca, LATE-BOTTLED VINTAGE PORT, Porto, Douro, Portugal

$ 7.00 – Taylor Fladgate, TAWNY PORT, Porto, “10 Year Old”, Douro, Portugal

$ 13.00 – Taylor Fladgate, TAWNY PORT, Porto “20 Year Old”, Douro, Portugal

NON-ALCOHOLIC WINES

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, SPARKLING, Brut, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, CHARDONNAY, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, PREMIUM RED, California, USA

$ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

--- --- ---

I can tell you that Mr Sloop in our week aboard tried a great many of the Wines By The Glass (we each had the Premium Alcoholic Beverage Package) as Wine Lovers it was our aim to check out what Celebrity had to offer (lol, mind you we have done this in the past with other Restaurants / Wineries etc, so we "share pours" to maximum our exposure... and not end up too tipsy ;) )

Mr Sloop and I were both impressed for the most part, Celebrity has a very decent Wine Listing overall... and their By The Glass Offerings are quite impressive vs say a Land-based Hotel or Resort.

Their by the bottle wines, are even more impressive... and we found the pricing to be similar (or better) to what we would pay here at home in Canada, or Internationally in many locations on a 4 or 5-Star Vacation.

Hope this info proves helpful,

Cheers!

Thank you very much for this listing...yes I can completely understand the time you have put in so far, and 1000 listings! wow, yes very time consuming indeed!

Did you say these are fleet wide selections from what you understood? We are sailing on the Constellation.

Thanks again for all the work on this,

Tammy

Thank you very much for this listing...yes I can completely understand the time you have put in so far, and 1000 listings! wow, yes very time consuming indeed!

Did you say these are fleet wide selections from what you understood? We are sailing on the Constellation.

Thanks again for all the work on this,

Tammy

TO TAMMK,

YES, JP Lamb (Solstice's Food & Beverage Manager) made the announcement at the Galley Tour Meet-Up that there was a NEW Fleet Wide Celebrity Wine Listing for 2012... which is when I began to actively pursue getting a copy of it (as they said on our sailing many of the wines were still in their crates onboard, and they were busily unpacking as the cruise progressed throughout the week)

After the announcement I immediately made contact with Igor the Maitre D' for the Grand Epernay Dining Room on the Solstice (sorry don't have everyone's last names) who also happened to be the Galley Tour Guide for our group that day ... and he was happy to talk wine with Mr Sloop and I (he's from Macedonia).

Igor, put me in contact with Amir (Solstice's Head Sommelier)... both of them met up with Mr Sloop and I and had a pretty indepth conversation about what it was I was doing with the list... Igor had heard of Cruise Critic, Amir hadn't... but they both recognized that the info was going to be beneficial to many who were Cruisers on Celebrity or looking to do so in the future.

There was a bit of a "gap" between that conversation, and when I heard from Amir again (I think now, that he wanted to pass the info by his boss JP to ok that he give it to me).

Anyhow, a couple of days later, and both Igor and Amir caught up to us again in the MDR (lol, I got teased quite a bit how our table seemed to always be attracting "guys in uniform")... and Amir besides having a nice chat with Mr Sloop and I about wine (Amir is from Croatia)... he told me that he had given Koray (our Sommelier) the task of making sure that I got all the info that I needed.

*NOTE - I have noted where Igor and Amir are from intentionally here... as we discussed OLD WORLD wine with both of them... their area of the world is known for some interesting vintages, but sadly, it is difficult to find those here in North America... of course they both encouraged us to visit their part of the world to see their wonderful countries and as wine lovers to discover their unique offerings (must say it is tempting).

When I returned to our cabin that evening... lo and behold, there were ORIGINAL Wine Lists left for me from various venues on the ship ... I had expected to see photocopies (and probably poor quality ones) ... so ORIGINALS were an added bonus.

Sadly though as I've said, the print is very small and light (grey for the most-part), so it just doesn't scan well at all... and hence the transcription exercise (lol, and a good lot of it not in English... but French, Italian and Spanish... which as it should be... gotta tell you it makes a Wine Lover like I tinkled pink to be typing out such a wonderful listing... oh if we only had such gems in our own Wine Cellar from which to pick from on a "daily" basis as we did aboard The Solstice !!)

The LIST is indeed fleet wide, but as told to me by Amir... not all wines are necessarily going to be available on all ships at once, nor necessarily in the list's entirity... The Solstice, is now the flag-ship of Celebrity, so the greatest number of wines will be on that ship... some of the other ships might have fewer of the wines (or just a limited number of bottles) so one may not be able to get every wine on the list on every ship. As well wines can vary greatly by venue... with typically just a short listing available at each Bar aboard.

Consequently, I have a few Bar Menus, that I will also transcribe, in an effort to help out fellow Celebrity Cruisers.

Hope this info is helpful,

Enjoy your upcoming cruise on the Constellation,

Cheers!

Thanks so much for posting! We are on the Solstice on 4/1/12 and was hoping to see the updated list before sailing. We were on the Millenium Dec. 2011 and were disappointed to find that their wine list was significantly smaller than the Equinox (April 2011) and Constellation (Dec. 2010). We concluded it was because the Millenium hadn't be solsticized yet. I'm assuming (based on my experience above) that as the Constellation has been solsticized and when we were on it they had the full list similar to the Solstice class ships that its fleet wide perhaps with the exception of non solsticized ships.

Have a great day!

Thank you for telling us about how you obtained the lists; I read your post just now and found it so interesting; I am going to share this with my hubby. We are very excited to be able to try some different wines that we may not otherwise have the chance to do. We loved the Constellation last Feb. and really look forward to sailing again.

Will be cruise #18 for me, #8 for hubby!

Tammy

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you

I love to pair wines with multiple courses and this will be so much easier now that I have the premium package.

I only hope there is foie gras on the menu to pair with the Oremus.

Thanks again

Andy

TO CRUISIN CANDY,

You are very welcome... glad to help.

As Wine & Food Lovers... we too enjoyed being able to pair our wines with our meals / food courses.

Don't remember Foie Gras being on the MDR Menu (at least the ones we saw)... BUT I KNOW FOR SURE... that it was available at Murano's (not sure though if that is a constant element, or rotates thru their listings) ... Our biggest problem at Murano's wasn't what to drink (they too have a fine wine list) ... but knowing exactly what to eat... as there were soooo many excellent choices !!

I did a quick check for you...

I don't see the Oremus on the list for Murano's... but that doesn't mean it cannot be gotten for you (you can always make arrangements to have a bottle transferred from one Dining Room / Restaurant to another, even if you are "on the Program"... as I understand it).

As it is fairly short...

I will transcribe Murano's "Vino Al Bicchiere" (By The Glass List) for you... and post it here in the next day or two.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wonderful addition to my "Celebrity library". Thanks for your efforts both onboard and after your return. If you happen to have the wine by the glass list for Blu, I'd be very grateful if you could include it in your transcription. We had wonderful service from our sommelier in Blu and were encouraged to try different wines.

TO CRUISIN CANDY,

Our biggest problem at Murano's wasn't what to drink (they too have a fine wine list) ... but knowing exactly what to eat... as there were soooo many excellent choices !!

I will transcribe Murano's "Vino Al Bicchiere" (By The Glass List) for you... and post it here in the next day or two.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

After seeing a past menu for Murano we've already made reservations for two nights on our upcoming cruise. Same reason - too many excellent choices.

Thanks in advance for posting the Murano list.

Andy

Thank you for posting this extensive partial list, and for taking the time to do so. We all appreciate it! Interesting white wines by the glass. I can't drink red wine, so my wine pairings are always a little "off" with meals, but I still enjoy them.

Will look forward to more of the list when you get the chance, and to your review as well.

Really helpful posts from you since you got home! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

Thought I would ADD to this topic about Celebrity's "Wines By The Glass" for 2012 (figure in the name of keeping like info together)

Here then the List of 2012 "Wines By The Glass" for the Blu Dining Room

--- --- ---

BY THE GLASS (BLU DINING ROOM)

O = Organic

B = Biodynamic

S = Sustainable

CHAMPAGNES & SPARKLING WINES

(O) $ 7.00 – Fantinel, PROSECCO EXTRA BRUT, “Cuvee Prestige”, Italy

(S) $ 14.50 – Domaine Chandon, ROSE, “Etoile”, California, USA

(S) $ 9.00 – Domaine Chandon, BRUT, “Classic”, California, USA

(S) $ 7.00 – Codorniu, CAVA BRUT, “Anna du Codorniu”, Spain

(S) $ 18.00 – Perrier-Jouet, GRAND BRUT, Champagne, France

WHITE WINES

(S) $ 12.00 – Conundrum, WHITE BLEND, California, USA

(O) $ 7.00 – J&H Selbach, RIESLING, KABINETT, Mosel-Saar-Ruwer, Germany

(S) $ 7.50 – Bollini, PINOT-GRIGIO, Trentino, Italy

(S) $ 6.50 – Raimat, ALBARINO, “Castell de Raimat”, Costers Del Segre, Spain

(O) $ 8.50 – Clifford Bay, SAUVIGNON BLANC, Marlborough, New Zealand

(S) $ 6.00 – Jean-Luc Colombo, VIOGNIER, “La Violette”, Languedoc, France

(S) $ 7.50 – Ken Forrester, CHENIN BLANC, Stellenbosch, South Africa

(S) $ 9.00 – Anton Bauer, GRUNER VELTLINER, “Gmork”, Wagram, Austria

(O) $ 11.00 – Michel Redde, POUILLY-FUME, “La Moynerier”, Loire, France

(S) $ 16.00 – Grgich Hills, CHARDONNAY, Napa Valley, California, USA

(S) $ 6.50 – St Francis Vineyards, CHARDONNAY, Sonoma County, California, USA

(S) $ 8.50 – Celebrity Cruises, CHARDONNAY, “Cellar Master”, California, USA

BLUSH / ROSE WINES

(S) $ 5.50 – Beringer, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

(O) $ 7.00 – Jean-Luc Colombo, ROSE, “Cape Bleue”, Cotes de Provence, France

(S) $ 5.50 – Torres, ROSADO, Catalunya, “Sangre de Toro de Casta”, Catalonia, Spain

RED WINES

(S) $ 8.50 – Kendall-Jackson, PINOT NOIR, “Vintner’s Reserve”, California, USA

(O) $ 17.00 – Ponzi, PINOT NOIR, Willamette Valley, Oregon, USA

(S) $ 6.50 – Cune, TEMPRANILLO, Crianza, Rioja, Spain

(S) $ 8.50 – Nozzole, CHIANTI CLASSICO, “Villa di Nozzole”, Tuscany, Italy

(S) $ 7.50 – Rutherford Ranch, MERLOT, Napa Valley, California, USA

(S) $ 7.00 – Montgras, CARMENERE, “Reserva”, Colchagua Valley, Chile

(S) $ 8.50 – Celebrity Cruises, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, “Cellar Master” California, USA

(S) $ 8.50 – Bodega Catena Zapata, MALBEC, “Catena”, Mendoza, Argentina

(O) $ 12.00 – Dry Creek Vineyard, ZINFANDEL, “Old Vines”, Sonoma County, California, USA

(B) $ 7.50 – Ross Estate, SHIRAZ, “Lights Out”, Barossa Valley, Australia

(S) $ 10.00 – Yangarra Estate, GRENACHE, “Old Vines”, McLaren Vale, Australia

(S) $ 10.00 – Chateau Castera, MEDOC CRU SUPERIEUR, Bordeaux, France

(S) $ 16.00 – Freemark Abbey, CABERNET SAUVIGNON, Napa Valley, California, USA

(O) $ 7.00 – Wente Vineyards, CABERNET SAUVIGNON “Heritage Blend”, San Francisco Bay, California, USA

LATE HARVEST WINES (Lush & Silky)

(S) $ 26.00 – Peller Estates, VIDAL BLANC, Ice Wine, “Signature Series”, Niagara Peninsula, Ontario Canada

(S) $ 8.00 – Barton & Guestier, SAUTERNES, Bordeaux, France

(S) $ 12.00 – Pacific Rim, RIESLING, “Vin de Glaciere, Selenium Vineyard”, Columbia Valley, Washington, USA

(S) $ 10.00 – Oremus, Late Harvest, TOKAJI, Hungary

FORTIFIED WINES (Rich & Refined)

(S) $ 9.50 – Chateau de Jau, MUSCAT DE RIVESALTES, Roussillon, France

(O) $ 6.00 – Fonseca, LATE-BOTTLED VINTAGE PORT, Porto, Douro, Portugal

(S) $ 7.00 – Taylor Fladgate, TAWNY PORT, Porto, “10 Year Old”, Douro, Portugal

(S) $ 13.00 – Taylor Fladgate, TAWNY PORT, Porto “20 Year Old”, Douro, Portugal

NON-ALCOHOLIC WINES

(O) $ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, SPARKLING, Brut, California, USA

(O) $ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, CHARDONNAY, California, USA

(O) $ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, PREMIUM RED, California, USA

(O) $ 5.00 – Fre by Sutter Home, WHITE ZINFANDEL, California, USA

--- --- ---

NOTE - There are virtually no differences in the Wines that are served in the two Dining Rooms on the Ships (be it the Main or Blu)... just that the Menus for Blu tell a bit more about each wine with the notations of Organic, Biodynamic and Sustainable.

Hope this info proves helpful,

Cheers!

SPECIALTY DINING (TUSCAN GRILLE)

=== === === ===

WINES BY THE GLASS

SPUMANTI (Sparkling Wines)

$ 15.00 – Franciacorta, Montenisa, BRUT, Lombardia, Italy

$ 7.00 – Prosecco, Vigneti Fantinel, EXTRA DRY, Friuli, Italy

$ 7.00 – Spumante, Vigneti Fantinel, ROSE BRUT, Friuli, Italy

BIANCO (White Wines)

$ 5.50 – PINOT GRIGIO, Corte Giara, Allegrini, Veneto, Italy