Just outside of Galveston..

CupKayke

We are coming into Galveston on US 59 S (from Arkansas). We booked a nearly last-minute cruise and I can't find a hotel room. We normally stay at Hiltons but they have nothing available for our date. The hotel rooms remaining are either non-smoking or gross. Would LOVE to stay at The Harbor House... too bad it's non-smoking. Anyway...

I'm considering looking at somewhere maybe an hour (or less?) outside of Galveston?? Can a local tell us what area might be the best/safest to look at??

Thank you

We are coming into Galveston on US 59 S (from Arkansas). We booked a nearly last-minute cruise and I can't find a hotel room. We normally stay at Hiltons but they have nothing available for our date. The hotel rooms remaining are either non-smoking or gross. Would LOVE to stay at The Harbor House... too bad it's non-smoking. Anyway...

I'm considering looking at somewhere maybe an hour (or less?) outside of Galveston?? Can a local tell us what area might be the best/safest to look at??

Thank you

try these on freeway or near freeway, these are not near Hobby Airport

FM 646 (16th Street)League City

Candlewood Suites League City

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-League City

22Calder Drive, Brittany Bay BoulevardLeague City23FM 518 (Main Street)League City

SpringHill Suites Houston Clear Lake/Webster

Super 8 League City

25FM 528, NASA ParkwayWebsterDays Inn and Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake/Houston

Motel 6 Houston - NASA

26Bay Area BoulevardWebsterHilton Garden Inn Houston/Clear Lake NASA

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center - Clear Lane

Comfort Suites Webster

27El Dorado BoulevardWebster29FM 2351 (Clear Lake City Boulevard)Houston

Or look at Kemah/Seabrook

http://www.hotels.com/search/search.html?nr=1&r=2&rl=destination%3A1500448%3APROVIDED%3APROVIDED&vt=LIST

see boardwalkinn.com right on boardwalk

see

kemahboardwalk.com

OR SMOKE OUTSIDE YOUR ROOM IN GALVESTON!

You will be hard pressed to find smoking allowed in any hotel room nowadays.

quote]

I just want to say, as nicely as I can, that is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE. We travel THE WORLD and have NEVER stayed in a hotel that doesn't offer smoking. Just an F-Y-I. :D

We are Hilton Honors members and normally stay in Hilton Hotels because 99.9% of them are smoking.

try these on freeway or near freeway, these are not near Hobby Airport

FM 646 (16th Street)League City

Candlewood Suites League City

Hampton Inn & Suites Houston-League City

22Calder Drive, Brittany Bay BoulevardLeague City23FM 518 (Main Street)League City

SpringHill Suites Houston Clear Lake/Webster

Super 8 League City

25FM 528, NASA ParkwayWebsterDays Inn and Suites Webster NASA-Clear Lake/Houston

Motel 6 Houston - NASA

26Bay Area BoulevardWebsterHilton Garden Inn Houston/Clear Lake NASA

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Houston Space Center - Clear Lane

Comfort Suites Webster

27El Dorado BoulevardWebster29FM 2351 (Clear Lake City Boulevard)Houston

Or look at Kemah/Seabrook

http://www.hotels.com/search/search.html?nr=1&r=2&rl=destination%3A1500448%3APROVIDED%3APROVIDED&vt=LIST

see boardwalkinn.com right on boardwalk

see

kemahboardwalk.com

OR SMOKE OUTSIDE YOUR ROOM IN GALVESTON!

I had already finished all the looking I could in Galveston and Kemah and League City ~ at most of those hotels you listed. Either nothing was available or the rates were just as expensive as Galveston. I finally went with an overpriced room in Galveston. My search is over. Thank you though!! :)

I had already finished all the looking I could in Galveston and Kemah and League City ~ at most of those hotels you listed. Either nothing was available or the rates were just as expensive as Galveston. I finally went with an overpriced room in Galveston. My search is over. Thank you though!! :)

I see you are sailing in March

probably could be Spring Break

and Galveston becomes a major tourist destination in that month

besides the weather beginning to warm up!

Good its taken care of!

Enjoy your cruise!!1:D

I see you are sailing in March

probably could be Spring Break

and Galveston becomes a major tourist destination in that month

besides the weather beginning to warm up!

Good its taken care of!

Enjoy your cruise!!1:D

That's sorta what I figured... Looking forward to our cruise & Galveston!! Thank you! :)

We're staying at the Best Western Mainland, just about 20 minutes from Galveston, right on I-45. Cost is $76 a night. Almost all the Galveston island hotels are booked because of spring break, and those that aren't are WAY overpriced. Not too late to change your reservation.

Oh yeah, almost forgot! We're leaving one of our vehicles there for the week, while we cruise. Cost - FREE. Just ask.

If you are coming in on 59s Hotels @ IAH airport are cheaper than Galveston. Go on the Hilton Honors and look for Bush Intercontinetal hotels.

Even Kingwood is within an hour of Galveston. You drive right past these hotels

Thanks to the two posters who recommended the hotels next to IAH!! LOTS OF HILTON OPPORTUNITIES for $75 to $85 a night! Awesome!!

Also, to the person who recommended Sunspree... I did try them first but they want $185 for one night!:eek:

Thank you ALL for your recommendations ~ we are booked and very excited to see Galveston!! :D

Don't forget to add about $10 a day for parking. Might be better off to pay for the room in Galveston and get free shuttle and parking. I never got a reply to my post but did my homework and did book Inn at the Waterpark. (the guest reviews were all very positive) Around $150 for 2 days including parking and shuttle. (April) I plan on using a taxi back since I know what a mess the pier is on debarkation day.

Archived