Upgrades

Cordaline

Guernseyguy & 2moose,

Thanks for responding to my Sail Mail queery.

I am determined to receive sail mail, it's become a quest of sorts, I feel a bit like King Arthur. If and when I do receive my first sail mail I will certainly blow it up, frame it and hang it over the mantel piece.

Happy Sails

Cruiserking

I've tried to sign up for sail mail several times. Cunard responds with an e-mail that says click on link below to confirm subscription, only the link is not clickable and when I manually enter the link, it doesn't work. I;ve given up.

BlazerBoy, thanks for the explanation. That's a really sweet upgrade but, then, how can you go wrong in Grill Class :). I really love the Princess Grill (and of course the Princess Grill Bar.) I think if I were upgraded I might even consider dining in the Princess Grill.

tandemtourer

Tandemtourer, that is an interesting point re having a Q grade cabin & still dining in PG Restaurant - on my last QE2 cruise I met quite a few passengers in the PG Bar who had booked QG grade cabin but still chose to dine in the Princess Grill - some say it's as good as the Queens Grill. I am dining in this Restaurant this July on QE2 after having previously mainly dined in the QG Restaurant so it will be interesting to make comparisons!

Re upgrades in general I travel in single cabins and I think you have quite a good chance of getting upgraded in certain grades such as PG Guarantee where there are only 2 single cabins so it means you have a better chance of getting upgraded to either a double Princess cabin or Queens Grill single! This has happended twice for me - for once though on this trip even though I have a specific cabin number I do not want to get upgraded to the QG Restaurant as I really want to try the PG Restaurant!

Has anyone had experience of having been assigned a specific cabin number and then receiving a better cabin or upgrade nearer to the date of sailing?

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Archived