Carnival mastercard

mid20scruiser

Yep, here are the details...I'm new to the card and have not redeemed any points yet, so i'm not exactly sure how this changes the current policy:

WE HAVE GREAT NEWS REGARDING YOUR CARNIVALTM MASTERCARD® CARD. YOUR “FUNPOINTS” WILL BE EVEN EASIER TO USE AS OF MARCH 1, 2012.

• Starting on March 1, 2012, all eligible Carnival transactions of $1,500 or more may be redeemed at the highest cash back redemption value of 1.5%, whether you are paying yourself back in full or redeeming “FunPoints” to cover a portion of your eligible Carnival transaction.

• Example 1: Pay yourself back in full for a $1,725 cruise with 115,000 “FunPoints”.

• Example 2: Pay for a portion of your eligible Carnival transaction over $1,500 at the same 1.5%

value. This means if you decide to redeem 20,000 “FunPoints,” you’ll get a $300 statement credit.

• Eligible Carnival transactions of less than $1,500 may be redeemed at a 1% cash back value.

• Example 3: Pay yourself back in full for an eligible $800 Carnival transaction with 80,000 “FunPoints.” • Example 4: Pay for a portion of an eligible Carnival transaction of less than $1,500 at a 1% cash

back value. This means if you redeem 25,000 “FunPoints,” you’ll get a $250 statement credit.

• You may also redeem “FunPoints” for retail gift cards and select merchandise starting on March 1. If you’re not planning a cruise right now, gift cards and merchandise can be a great way to reward yourself today.

• And the good news continues. You will also be able to pay yourself back with “FunPoints” for eligible hotel and airline purchases starting in March.

• Remember — Your “FunPoints” may be applied to an eligible Carnival purchase for up to 180 days after the initial transaction has posted to your Carnival MasterCard account.

WE’RE HAPPY TO ANNOUNCE THAT STARTING MARCH 1, 2012,

MORE FLEXIBILITY AND MORE OPTIONS MAKE “FUNPOINTS” EVEN MORE FUN!

For additional information regarding your Carnival “FunPoints” rewards, please don’t hesitate to contact CarnivalTM MasterCard® Customer Service at 1-866-255-1304, or log into http://www.barclaycardus.com and click on the Rewards tab to review

the CarnivalTM MasterCard® Rewards Terms & Conditions.

^^

Thanks for that info--the no news is bad news certainly was hitting a lot of us on this one--I just got my Carnival Mastercard Monday. But for once it is not bad news, not really sure how good the good news is but as long as they are not making it harder to redeem points, I'm happy. :)

Archived