Ideal Balcony Location on the Victory

FAKE Inge

I am considering upgrading to my first ever balcony on the 04/01/12 sailing of the Victory. I have the option of being on any deck ranging from the Upper to the Panorama, aft or mid or forward (obviously not aft for the Lido or Panorama), for the same cost. I'm curious what you think would be the ideal location for a standard balcony cabin. Thanks.

Midship on deck 7 would be ideal, sandwiched between 2 decks full of cabins.

Panorama or Lido are nice too, I deck down to the buffet or Lido brings you on the same deck as buffet/pool.

I also heard that a balcony more forward on a ship has more wind than the aft.

We were on the Victory in June last year and loved our port side balcony on the Empress deck. It was considered aft, but was near the aft/midship delineation. Great room, no noise from upper decks and a quick 2 floor walk up to Lido buffet or quick 2 floor walk down to promenade.

On a side note, if you want to avoid breakfast lines at the buffet go to the aft on the Lido where the burger station is and they offer an omlete station there along with ready made eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, etc... hardley anyone there on our cruise.

We were on the Victory in June last year and loved our port side balcony on the Empress deck. It was considered aft, but was near the aft/midship delineation. Great room, no noise from upper decks and a quick 2 floor walk up to Lido buffet or quick 2 floor walk down to promenade.

On a side note, if you want to avoid breakfast lines at the buffet go to the aft on the Lido where the burger station is and they offer an omlete station there along with ready made eggs, sausage, bacon, potatoes, etc... hardley anyone there on our cruise.

I vote for Empress mid ship location too. Also prefer Port side.

Just avoid one say within 3 rooms of atrium levators- music from atrium lounge comes right up when they have "rock night"

My second choice is lido deck -it has its own closed hallway so no noise, again avoid intersection of hallway and elevators- this catches a tunnel effect of music from lido area.

OP came to ask the same questions as i'm considering upgrading

I tend to pick direct aft but it's out of my budget this trip, otherwise port.

We like to have good view of the ports. Does anybody know which side would favor this?

if you book a balcony choose between 6272-6290 and 6273-6327 which is midship and those will be over the shops. thats were we have booked our cabin's on last cruise and this one coming up if you book deck 7, then you'll have rooms above and below you.

OP came to ask the same questions as i'm considering upgrading

I tend to pick direct aft but it's out of my budget this trip, otherwise port.

We like to have good view of the ports. Does anybody know which side would favor this?

Someone just posted this on a recent review:

St Thomas is starboard

Barbados is starboard - Very industrial

St Lucia is port

St Kitts is starboard - The prettiest

St Maarten - I want to say port but sheesh I just can't remember!

also, about 5:30am, the ship will pass the Pitons on starboard side when cruising from Barbados to St. Lucia.

St Thomas is starboard

St Lucia is port

also, about 5:30am, the ship will pass the Pitons on starboard side when cruising from Barbados to St. Lucia.

haha thanks! I was just about to post it again but you beat me to it! I love, love love the Victory!:)

St Thomas is starboard

St Lucia is port

i'm having a brain fart so wanted to dbl check, port are even numbers and starboard are odd number rooms. Yet i thought i read a post on a review of the victory and they said only 1 port was starboard. either way, i'm cruising :) lol

I vote for Empress mid ship location too. Also prefer Port side.

Just avoid one say within 3 rooms of atrium levators- music from atrium lounge comes right up when they have "rock night"

My second choice is lido deck -it has its own closed hallway so no noise, again avoid intersection of hallway and elevators- this catches a tunnel effect of music from lido area.

I second this. We usually get mid to aft balconies a couple decks below Lido, port side. I don't care for the aft balconies, although we'll be checking out an aft wrap here soon.

i'm having a brain fart so wanted to dbl check, port are even numbers and starboard are odd number rooms. Yet i thought i read a post on a review of the victory and they said only 1 port was starboard. either way, i'm cruising :) lol

Yep, even numbers are port, the left side of the ship if you're facing toward the front of the ship. The ports I posted are from November. But it would change depending on if the captain pulls into the dock forward or backs up into it. lol Not much help I know. Not sure how often that might happen or what determines it. Other ships docked and their departure times maybe. Someone might know.

Make sure not to book under the Lido...had balcony under it 2 years ago and was soooooo noisy...sounded like elephants marching all hours of the day and night(people moving chairs). Hubby complained so much they gave us onboard credit and discount on future cruise.

Make sure not to book under the Lido...had balcony under it 2 years ago and was soooooo noisy...sounded like elephants marching all hours of the day and night(people moving chairs). Hubby complained so much they gave us onboard credit and discount on future cruise.

We booked a cabin under the Lido, but we are forward, under cabins on the Lido deck not the actual deck area.

Archived