Communicate w/Kids on the Allure

texas2fl

I have read that you can rent phones on the Allure to communicate with family members. I would appreciate any additional information on if this is the case and if so how I rent them and how much they cost.

If this is not an option, do walkie talkies work?

Thanks.

We're planning on bringing our walkie talkies. We have sub-channels on ours, so we have less chance of someone sharing a channel with us. But if there's a better option out there, we may just keep the bulky walkie talkies at home.

We are going on our first cruise ever on the Allure. Very interested to hear what experienced cruising parents have to say on how they communicate with their teens on these massive ships.

they do have dect phones you can rent and I'm not sure of the daily cost, but I have been told that you need to reserve these right away because there's a limited amount. I also read on one review that if you lose or damage these, the cost is rather steep ($1,000). You may want to weigh out your options and consider the walkie talkies. Have a great cruise!

We find walkie talkies are usually more of a pain than a help, especially on the bigger ships. They don't always work or you don't hear them or you hear them too much. We do better with leaving/checking messages on the room phone which you can do from any house phone and using post-its on each others doors. We also establish an area on the deck as base central for the week so we can find one another easily.

Archived