Taxi transfer from Monte Carlo to Nice, advice please?

rl787

We are finishing a cruise at Monte Carlo and need to transfer to a hotel in Nice. Bus or train is out as we have too much luggage, are cabs in the port or can anyone recommend a reputable transfer agency that we can book? I am struggling to find a post about this which is recent.

• 2 weeks later...
We are finishing a cruise at Monte Carlo and need to transfer to a hotel in Nice. Bus or train is out as we have too much luggage, are cabs in the port or can anyone recommend a reputable transfer agency that we can book? I am struggling to find a post about this which is recent.

We are in the same situation.....I have read that there are taxis stands in the port but not sure. If you find out, please let us know

We have just booked with www.friend-in-france.com. We need transport from the airport to central Nice (30euros) and then from Nice to Monte Carlo port (75 euros). There are 2 of us and luggage. This may sound expensive but, believe me, it isn't! The taxis are a rip-off in that part of the world - I'd rather pay someone the same amount of money for a personalised service and someone waiting in the airport with a sign with my name on!

We did the same journeys 4 years ago and the cab prices were the same as these prices.

Hope this helps.

Thanks for the replies, I ended up booking with a company called "Tour Azur" They have contracts with large airlines as the transfer agents so I figured that they will be reliable.All the confirmations seem professional, they asked my language so they can send an English speaking driver etc. I will have to wait and see!

I agree with the above poster that I would not like to chance getting a cab at the port, I just feel that as tourists we are better off agreeing a rate beforehand and having someone there to meet us, rarely have we been let down.

Archived