Beds on Miracle

Proudmom1120

With Carnival, I have been on the Fascination and the Destiny. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud. It is pure heaven. I will be going on the Miracle soon. I heard not so good things about their beds. Can anyone tell me what the beds are like compared to the ones I'm used to from Carnival?

Thanks for any input that is given.;)

I really wish I could tell you that the Miracle's beds were also soft & comfy, like on other ships. But unfortunately, they are very hard. It came as quite a shock to us, because nobody warned us. But some people do prefer hard beds. I prefer soft beds. It seems that Carnival is slowly but surely moving away from comfy beds, probably because it saves a dime to go with the hard beds. I think if you're prepared for it, it won't bother you as much.

Our bed was horrible on the Miracle. Like you I've only been on beds that have the "comfort beds" mattresses. But seriously the only thing I hated on our cruise last October was the bed. I had 2 comforters and a blanket all under the sheet trying to get it to be more comfy, still hard and lumpy.

If Carnival truly is going away from the comfy beds I'll look elsewhere for a cruise.

I've been in hospital nursing 20 years and my back is really sore if I sleep on something I'm not used to. Seriously I only stay in hotels that have the great beds, and the same on ships. I am not going to spend my vacation with a backache!!!

The whole rest of the ship was wonderful, staff was great and the food was fine (except the buffet, but I am a buffet hater in general so my opinion on that may be different than others)

Enjoy the ship but don't expect a lovely soft bed :-(

Carole

We sailed on Miracle last February and are about to go again 2/14/12. They were very comfortable, like our other Carnival cruise beds. Maybe some are hard and some soft but we always sleep well on Carnival. If you have been comfy before you likely will be this time too.

we sailed her last august, and the beds were truly awful!! hard and lumpy. we had balcony cabin, and my sister had an o/v and her beds were ok. go figure.

We also had a balcony, seems to be a toss up!!

I have a double pillowtop at home and I know I'm a princess about my bed, but I like my bed soft and pillowy!!!

Did they replace the mattresses while she was in drydock in January?

You would think all ships would have the same mattresses...I mean, they don't replace them unless the ship is in drydock and I would imagine they just use the same ones for everything...

Did they replace the mattresses while she was in drydock in January?

You would think all ships would have the same mattresses...I mean, they don't replace them unless the ship is in drydock and I would imagine they just use the same ones for everything...

I agree they should use the same ones for everything!!

I saw a review from someone just on the Miracle after drydock, saying the mattresses were not comfy, so sadly they've either changed mattresses to cheaper product, or they didn't switch out the mattresses on the ship, not sure which:confused:

With Carnival, I have been on the Fascination and the Destiny. The beds are like sleeping on a cloud. It is pure heaven. I will be going on the Miracle soon. I heard not so good things about their beds. Can anyone tell me what the beds are like compared to the ones I'm used to from Carnival?

Thanks for any input that is given.;)

We were very comfortable with the beds on Miracle. I guess it is a matter of choice.

Mattresses are not replaced only in drydock. I don't know the process in which they decide when & what mattresses to replace, but it can happen anytime. They won't replace every mattress on the ship all at once. So for those who had comfy mattresses on the Miracle, those just simply haven't been replaced yet. But it is coming. The Miracle would seem to be further along than most ships at replacing comfy beds for hard beds. We've heard that mattresses are replaced more often than one might think. For the OP, maybe you'll get lucky and get one that hasn't been replaced yet. But the odds don't sound too good. Just be prepared. Good suggestion from the one poster about the egg crate topper. Unfortunately, most cruiselines seem to go with these hard beds, especially Princess. Carnival was well known for being one that didn't.

For the record, the Dream's beds were as comfortable as can be in April 2010. But in November 2011, the beds were harder. Not as hard as on the Miracle, but still harder than our first Dream cruise. We did have a different room, so there are countless possibilities here. But it does have me concerned that there is a switch in process right now.

We were on the Miracle in Jan, right before dry-dock. No problem with the mattresses - we all slept well. As we were leaving on the last day, I saw some mattresses in an upright pile, bundled together in groups. Looked like they were going to dispose of them.

Archived