Universal Studios: buy tickets on ship NCL Dawn or wait to get to the park

lsabe

We are sailing on the NCL Dawn Aug. 8th and can't decide if its better to buy the excursion on the ship or find our own way to the park and buy tickets there. There are four of us all adults. Does it pay to purchase the express passes?? If anybody has information on this, I would appreciate your feedback.

Buy ahead and buy the express passes We did this when we last year and it was the best thing we did With the amount of time you have there the express passes are the best as the lines at that time of year are long Buy ahead as by the time you get there the passes will be sold out as they only sell a certain amount each day Have fun

COnsider buying the tickets ahead through the Universal website or your local AAA office if you're a member. You may get some good deals and even if you can't go for some unforeseen reason, the tickets usually don't have an expiration date. Depending on the amount of people in your party, you may also want to consider taking a shuttle to one of the car rental places near the port and renting a car for the day. This could be cheaper in the long run and offer you greater flexibility. It is a easy drive from the port to the parks. I agree with the above poster that the express passes are the only way to go! You may also want to consider the one day, two park pass if you want to experience some of US/IOA. Have fun!

• 9 months later...
We are buying the Universal passes through AAA too but the express passees have to be purchased through Universal. As someone noted above , they only sell a certain amount for each day, so I would do it soon. That time of year the parks do get very crowded and sometimes excursions are shortened. All things considered, I think the passes are a must.

Archived