Kids Meals in the MDR?

Eubie247

Silly question... going on my second cruise ("Dream"in :)) next month and was wondering if children (well, my 8 year old) can order off the adult menu? She has very adventurous tastes and I know would enjoy the adult options better less of course the kids banana split. Thanks for your replies! (On a side note, my 5 year old will probably be eating pizza and french fries for 7 days :()

Yes, your child can order off the adult menu. She can also order something from both the kids and adult menu to complete her dinner.

On the other hand, adults are also allowed to order off the kids menu which is why you may see an adult eating a banana split in the MDR!

My kids ate mostly off of the adult menu last year. Our waiter was fantastic and was always willing to accomodate us however he could. I felt guilty asking for an adult sized entre for them because I knew that it would be wasted. (they were 5 & 2) I would order one thing for them to split or ask for a smaller portion if they wanted different things. He knew that they liked fruit so he would have it waiting for them at the table every night when we got there. They are so kid friendly- you won't have any problems.

My extremely picky DD always chooses something from the adult menu, AND something from the Kids menu, as a back-up in case she doesn't like the adult thing she chose. So far she's liked almost everything she's ordered from the adult menu, and has expanded her food-horizons considerably. She is certainly more adventurous on a cruise than in a regular restaurant, knowing it's not a problem to get something else to eat if she doesn't like what she chose.

Silly question... going on my second cruise ("Dream"in :)) next month and was wondering if children (well, my 8 year old) can order off the adult menu? She has very adventurous tastes and I know would enjoy the adult options better less of course the kids banana split. Thanks for your replies! (On a side note, my 5 year old will probably be eating pizza and french fries for 7 days :()

Some adult entrees like pasta can be ordered in appetizer portions which r perfect for kids

I have 2 boys, aged 9 and 7. The 9 year old has always liked to order off the adult menu (he's also adventurous and is bored by standard kid fare). The 7 year old prefers the kid's menu while occasionally ordering a soup and appetizer from the adult's menu as his main meal. The wait staff is always very accommodating and will not even *look* questioningly at you or your child.

The crew is so great..they'll make u almost anything! PS I have little ones too and I usually order the cheese platter which is offered for dessert for appetizer instead..gives the kids something to munch on before entrees..you can also ask for fruit anytime...ps cookies r usually not on menu but you can order them...my daughter always gets ice cream but my son has to have choco cookies..lol

Yes, and you can order off theirs. :)

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new_11_11/index.htm

When my kid was 6, and on first cruise, I told him no kids meals for the week, he could only eat steak.

Wow.. I'm surprised that worked out as well as it did. I hope you limited yourself to only steak for the week as well.

HaveFun indeed... it's a cruise vacation for crying out loud.. we let the kids have ice cream for breakfast if they want.

The Macaroni and Cheese from the Kid's menu is delicious. As a vegetarian, I have ordered that a few times when the adult vegetarian meals were not to my taste.

There is now a Bacon Mac & Cheese, on the adult menu, usually available once a cruise.

If I can't find anything with protein on the menu, I order the cheese plate as part of my dinner.

from the time my youngest was 4, we have been ordering one meal off the kids menu, and one meal off the adult menu. wasn't long before she preferred adult food.

by the time she was 7, she was eating in the steakhouse with us.

Archived