SeaPass room change

latapi

First of all, hello, I have to thank you all for providing very useful information for my last cruise.

We recently booked a Balcony cabin for my parents, my brother (16) and me (18) in the Liberty of the Seas. After reading some reviews regarding the sofa bed, we were almost sure my brother and I wouldn't be able to sleep comfortably on it, so we called Royal Caribbean Mexico (from my country) and they arranged an interior cabin for us. However, I noticed they had put my mother and my brother in the balcony cabin, and my father and me in the interior cabin. Just then, I remembered there has to be someone at least 21 years old in the cabin, so I called RC and they told me they'd probably be able to modify the "keys" in the SeaPass cards once in port. Since these are the Mexican offices, I really doubt it. Does anyone know if it's possible to do this? I personally think we'll have to deal with the situation, so my brother will have to ask me if he wants to enter the cabin and the same with our parents.

Thanks!

Once you get on the ship just go to guest relations and they will switch they keys for you as long as the interior room is across the hall from the balcony room. We do this for our sons 14 & 17.

That'd be excellent, however, the room is not directly across the hall:

v3mups.jpg

Do you think they'll let us? Thanks a lot!

It's really not a problem but someone may end up carrying two Sea Passes, one to get in the room and the other to make charges.

Like another poster mentioned once onboard go to guest relations. They will do one of two things, give everyone the appropriate keys OR leave the names on the cabins the same and give extra access only keys to the cabins that do not have any charging privileges. We have the same issue even with cabins directly across from each other since our daughter is 17. Unfortunately it depends on who you get at guest relations. I daughter has never been further then directly across from us. I assume you and your brother will hang together so one of you will have a key without having to carry two. As parents we ALWAYS have a key to our daughters cabin regardless. :D

BonVoyage

Dawna

That'd be excellent, however, the room is not directly across the hall:

v3mups.jpg

Do you think they'll let us? Thanks a lot!

Still should not be a problem as you are close enough. Also, last year our kids were one floor below us and RC they still let us.

I believe the policy is that someone over 21 must be in the room, unless it is adjoining or directly accross the hall. We have my kids (17 and 14) directly accross the hall and had no problems booking them in their own room. RCCL put an adult in each room for the OP because they were not directly accross the hall or adjoining. Can't say personally about switching keys, but I've read that many have had no problem with it.

Archived