Help me decide!!!

cherbear4000

I have narrowed down my next cruise to these two. There will be 16 people ages 2 to 73.

Liberty - Half Moon Cay, Puerto Rico, St. Thomas, Grand Turk

Dream - Cozumel, Belize, Isla Roatan, Costa Maya.

We can not decide at all. What do you think?

Also, I noticed that when looking up fares online, the 3rd or 4th person in a room is full price. Did Carnival do away with the 3rd and 4th person discount?

Did the liberty last year and doing the dream this year.... Liberty was great, have been to all the ports, best ones to me are Roatan and Half Moon, and St. Thomas-going over to St. John.

Sorry, not much help, but really can't go wrong either way!

3rd and 4th person prices are now figured into the total price of the cabin.

The prices ARE discounted, but spread to all four passengers, if that makes sense.

BTW>> I would pick the Dream. Just did that route!

I'd rather do the Liberty itin (we've only done 1 of those ports, but have done 2 of the Dream's ports) and I'm a bit nervous about the size of the Dream....so I'd vote Liberty, but haven't been on either of them. Oh and flying into PC and getting a shuttle/taxi to the cruise port is a bit more time/money consuming than flying into and cruising out of Miami.

I have narrowed down my next cruise to these two. There will be 16 people ages 2 to 73.

Also, I noticed that when looking up fares online, the 3rd or 4th person in a room is full price. Did Carnival do away with the 3rd and 4th person discount?

I just got off the Dream last month and I loved it. Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) was amazing. Liberty just had the 2.0 upgrades and the Dream doesn't have those. Personally, I'd have to go with the Liberty just because of the ports. Also, there have been a few times the Dream hasn't been able to make it up the channel to Isla Roatan so there's the possibility of missing that port.

Carnival still has the 3rd and 4th person discount rates but they just add them into the total cruise fare. If you do a mock booking for 2 then do one with 3 and 4 people, you'll see the difference. They just made it easier for people since alot of times people just take the total price of the room and then divide it by however many people are staying in the room.

Those cruises are on my long list of cruises to go on this year~ Liberty is my first choice~ I've been to San Juan & St Thomas and really want to go back! Also am dying to go to HMC~!

These are both great itineraries...you can't go wrong with either.

Liberty has the 2.0 upgrades and gets good reviews...Dream is larger and seems like some love it and some don't. I haven't sailed either so can't help there.

Maybe the deciding factor should be to figure out the difference in price if everyone is flying in. For the Dream, generally you fly to Orlando and then you have to get to Port Canaveral which is about an hour away. You'd have to figure shuttles or whatever for everyone.

For Liberty it's a little more simple. Even if you fly into Ft Lauderdale (which is usually cheaper than flying into Miami), the shuttle would probably be considerably cheaper as it's only 20 minutes away.

If you're coming in the day before, PC probably has the best prices in hotels, followed by Ft Lauderdale, with Miami being the most expensive.

I would love to do the ports in the Liberty. That's the one I would do!

Liberty because that is the one we picked! :D

As far as the price, if this is a summer cruise, sometimes they don't give much of a discount for 3rd and 4th unless you go the last several days in August.

As far as the itinerary, I think the Western itinerary is more exciting for kids/teens than the Eastern, but the Eastern may be better for the older adults.

Carnival still has the 3rd and 4th person discount rates but they just add them into the total cruise fare. If you do a mock booking for 2 then do one with 3 and 4 people, you'll see the difference. They just made it easier for people since alot of times people just take the total price of the room and then divide it by however many people are staying in the room.

I just booked the Liberty with a quad room and I saw a huge price difference for 3rd and 4th on my Carnival invoice. My 1st and 2nd were $609 the 3rd was $239 and I think the 4th was $289. :confused:

I loved the ports on the Liberty. (we did the Glory two years ago with the same ports) HMC was paradise. St Thomas is breath taking.

I'm going on my first western in 3 months, but I LOVED LOVED LOVED the eastern Caribbean ports.

I've done both itineraries, and I would choose the Liberty. Just love Half Moon Cay. Either choice would be terrific.

If you have time, look thru the Ports of Call area, and think what excursions would be good for your group. Belize might be tough with that age range.

The western Dream is more adventurous, the eastern Liberty is more laid-back and beachy.

Depends on what you are your family are looking for on vacation.

Archived