The pearl - 12-16-2012

KMMCRUISER

Just booked a family & friend Vacation! Never cruised on NCL before & never cruised with the kids before. We have a 12,10,4 year old - any tips on cruising with kids?

Our kids are grown with families of their own, but they travel with their children all the time. We have never cruised with our kids, but I'm sure it is similar to other trips with your children.

First, I would make an age appropriate travel packet for each child. Have them help you out. Do the research to help them find interesting things to do, both on the ship and in port.

Second, I would make sure to bring a couple of small items that you know each kid just can't do without. Their comfort items.

I would also ask each kid/child what they would like to do and research accordingly on the ship. There are childrens programs and clubs on the ship that your kids may like. Again, do the research. I've heard that some kids like them and others are bored stiff.

As there is not much to do in the evenings for the kids, you might want to bring your own divds/dvd player and some special treats for the kids so they can have a great time in the evening in the comfort of your stateroom or suite.

As for the excursions? Talk to your kids when you book your excursions about what they would like to do. This helps them get involved and gives them something to look forward to.

BTW, don't forget the disposable cameras for the kids!

These are all things our children now do with their kids and they say it makes their trips much more enjoyable.

Archived