Double cruise credits 9 months out or more

cruisercrazy69

Book it right and you can get up to quadruple points per night! We will be on our next cruise since we booked suites over 9 nines out when our sailing was an Insider Offer. This 7-day cruise will give push everyone in our group into the next tier no matter which tier they are currently in.

Don't forget the extra points you get if you book during one of their Latitudes promotions too. I just missed out so I may have to wait a while longer to see if another one is announced:D

BTW, I received double points for my December Epic cruise too that had been booked in 2010.

My Epic trip will have 21 points, as will my Bermuda trip as each trip has 3 out of four x 7. If I reserve the Breakaway, I will have 4 x 7, but I do not need all that to get to Plat. after the next planned trips. Will book the Breakaway for 2014 to Bermuda, but will wait for the 2014 AMEX promo.:D

Don't forget the extra points you get if you book during one of their Latitudes promotions too. I just missed out so I may have to wait a while longer to see if another one is announced:D

I was kicking myself for not booking during the promotion around Christmas that had OBC included. Granted, it wouldn't have been much for my room, but credit is credit, right? So, to continue waiting, or just book?

I was kicking myself for not booking during the promotion around Christmas that had OBC included. Granted, it wouldn't have been much for my room, but credit is credit, right? So, to continue waiting, or just book?

Ahhh yes, that is certainly the question! Sadly, I am not a very patient person so my answer will most likely be - book sooner rather than later:o:D

I booked a cruise in march 2011, that sailed Jan. 2012.

I received double points for that cruise.

We booked in March 2011 for our Jan 15 cruise and we DID not receive double the points for booking 9 months out. I sent an email on Jan 28 and I'm still waiting to hear back..:(

I have to admit I have mixed feelings on this.

A first time NCL cruiser who books a 12 day in a suite, more than 9 months in adavance, on a latitude monthly program can earn 48 points for 1 cruise. This would make this person gold.

Seems like a lot for 1 cruise. JMHO seems NCL wants to reward more for committing money early and spending more money more than repeat loyalty. I feel we get our perk from booking early by getting the room we most want and a price we can watch. When we stay in a suite I feel we are already getting our perks with the included services and accessability.

That being said, we do not cruise NCL for the Latitude program and are appreciative of any perks they choose to give us.

We booked in March 2011 for our Jan 15 cruise and we DID not receive double the points for booking 9 months out. I sent an email on Jan 28 and I'm still waiting to hear back..:(

I asked my TA to investigate the situation for our upcoming cruise on April 29th (booked July 2011).

According to NCL, "Any new Latitude programs introduced after your initial booking do not apply." :mad:

He also found out that a mini-suite does not count towards the suite category Latitudes Rewards. :mad: :( :confused:

I'll monitor my points after my cruise is complete and see what I end up with.

In the meantime, I've booked the Gem again for March 2013, so the 9-month rule WILL be in effect for that sailing! ;)

A first time NCL cruiser who books a 12 day in a suite, more than 9 months in adavance, on a latitude monthly program can earn 48 points for 1 cruise. This would make this person gold.

Except, you can only become a Latitudes member AFTER your first cruise, as far as I know, so this hypothetical first time cruiser won't be able to earn extra points for booking an Insider deal.

Though you can indeed earn points very fast in the new system: from my first four NCL cruises I had 27 points, but my upcoming cruise is an 11 day Insider deal booked +9 months in advance, netting me 33 points, more than my previous four cruises combined.

I won't start complaining about the new system until AFTER it's catapulted me into the highest level, of course

• 2 months later...
I asked my TA to investigate the situation for our upcoming cruise on April 29th (booked July 2011).

According to NCL, "Any new Latitude programs introduced after your initial booking do not apply." :mad:

I'll monitor my points after my cruise is complete and see what I end up with.

Just a quick update - I *DID* receive double Latitudes points for my April 29th Gem cruise (booked in July 2011 before the program changes). :D

No way to know if I got the double points for the over 9 month rule or maybe got them if the cruise was an Insider Offer when I booked.

Hmm... :rolleyes:

Has anyone received the extra credit for a cruise booked 9 months before sailing and which has sailed since December 5 when the new rules took effect?

We booked February 2011 for January 2012 and got the double points. :)

Does anyone know if they count the 9 months as month to month or by exact dates? I booked my upcoming cruise in March, so December would be 9 months, but if its date to date, Im 7 days short having booked March 16th for a Dec 9th cruise.

Archived