Ventura 2 night cruise March

pawwavingpuppy

Hi there, just looking for a few bits of advice/answers if I may???

My son is looking to book this cruise for himself and his girlfriend, for a very special occasion (hopefully she'll say yes:) )

He would like to book the Marco Pierre restaurant for them on the Saturday evening to pop the question. Can you book this before you go??? If this restaurant should not be available, can anyone recommend another place for that big question??? also does everyone dress for these restaurants???

What time would they be allowed to board the ship on the Friday????

And how does the parking work at Southampton....charges etc???

Can I arrange for flowers etc to be sent to the cabin???

Plus anything else anyone can advise on things I've maybe not thought to ask....

Thanks in anticipation.....................................

The MPW restaurant cannot be booked in advance but you can book as soon as you board. The dress code will be as specified. Normally on a 2 day cruise the second night is formal.

Boarding commences around noon and it done in order of time of arrival. Lunch is available in the self serve restaurant.

Car parking at the terminal is done by CPS and its £31 for 2 nights. I believe it is self parking only for 2 days

http://www.cruiseparking.co.uk/site/booking/book_01.asp

There are various gift packages that can be ordered in advance to be delivered to the cabin. See gift collection brochure.

http://www.pocruises.com/Global/pdf/H1160_Gift_Collection_v1.pdf

Brian

My advice would be for him to also book the best cabin that he can afford. We did this cruise last March & there was a lot of negative feedback on it's return from people who had experienced big groups of rowdy 'hens' & 'stags' especially in the inside & therefore cheaper cabins. We had a suite & had a fabulous & very quiet trip!!! Reading reviews on our return I was sure we'd been on a different ship :)

Well he's booked a superior deluxe balcony cabin, so I hope that isn't too noisy...........Guess he will have to take his chances of getting a booking for the Marco Pierre White restaurant for the Friday night (fingers crossed) will tell him this is the first thing he needs to do when he boards:)

Am I correct in thinking the Saturday night will be a formal night??? and do people dress formally in the main dining room? (sorry I've only been with Celebrity cruises about 5 years ago) and can anyone give me an idea what time they will be allowed to board or what time to arrive at the terminal??

Sorry for all the questions but you really are a helpful lot:)

Yes, the formal night is on the Saturday and the dress will be formal in the MDR. Have received my documents this morning!

So on Saturday, if I see a very happy man (I don't mean drunk) walking along on Cloud 9, it'll probably be your son. Wish him all the best!

Well, she asked him a few years ago during a leap year and he said no:eek:;)..........I have just been trying to explain to him about the formal dining and the 'paid' for restaurants, and other eating venues, it got very confusing:confused: I knew what I meant, but trying to explain ..............

I'll just have to wait for her answer and he PROMISED to text me straight away:).............................

Thanks for your reply:)

What a fantastic way to pop the question!Very romantic-she must say yes,surely!!Also a good excuse to regularly cruise again to relive fond memories.

Generally,its true to say I think that the cheaper cabins attract the rowdy party types.However,last year on the Oriana on a 2nighter we were in a mini suite and were next door to a hen on a hen do!!We never heard a peep out of her though,although I have a feeling that other than getting ready she was never in her suite, which is a bit of a waste.

Assuming she says yes maybe a song request in one of the music bars or the nightclub might be a nice idea??

Hope they have a great time.

Well he's booked a superior deluxe balcony cabin, so I hope that isn't too noisy...........Guess he will have to take his chances of getting a booking for the Marco Pierre White restaurant for the Friday night (fingers crossed) will tell him this is the first thing he needs to do when he boards:)

Am I correct in thinking the Saturday night will be a formal night??? and do people dress formally in the main dining room? (sorry I've only been with Celebrity cruises about 5 years ago) and can anyone give me an idea what time they will be allowed to board or what time to arrive at the terminal??

A good cabin choice! He will find champagne on ice, fruit & chocolates in his cabin on arrival which are lovely extras. Check in will open at midday, so people do arrive at the terminal from 11.30am onwards. He will be given a lettered card & will be called by this letter to check in desks. We've been onboard less than half an hour after arriving before. Lunch will be available in the buffet restaurant & a 'cabins are ready for occupation' call is usually made about 2.00pm. I hope he gets the answer he's hoping for :)

You son will find people do dress up on the formal evening, please let us know how he gets on. I'm sure they both will have a great time and you will be then looking for your wedding outfit ;)

The White Room will probably have a stand set up in the atrium where bookings can be during embarkation. Given that it's a two-nighter, he needs to make bee-line for that stand as soon as he gets on board. And the earlier they can embark, the more likely they are to get a booking.

• 1 month later...

Well she said yes:D

He proposed to her on their balcony:)

He said they had a nice cabin, which had Champagne and chocolates waiting for them....................

They really enjoyed their first taste of cruising, and would love to go on a Caribbean cruise.

But this year we're all booked for Florida's Gulf coast, we love it there:)

Well she said yes:D

He proposed to her on their balcony:)

He said they had a nice cabin, which had Champagne and chocolates waiting for them....................

They really enjoyed their first taste of cruising, and would love to go on a Caribbean cruise.

But this year we're all booked for Florida's Gulf coast, we love it there:)

Tell him: Congratulations!

Congratulations, my son too got engaged a few weeks ago and I tried to convince them to marry onboard but they aren't interested - bah!

Regarding noisy cabins, I too had a balcony cabin on a Ventura 2n cruise this time last year - but as we all know the cheaper INSIDES the hen and stags cabins are opposite the balconies and we suffered terribly from noise - the girlies, opposite even propped open their cabin doors so they could all hear eachothers radios blaring and laughing and shreeking.

March seems the worst time for a party 2 night cruise with upandcoming weddings due in the late Spring and Summer, there were loads of stags and hens on our cruise. I've done quite a few weekenders and the pre- christmas 2nighters to Bruges were much better.

• 3 months later...

The next chapter.............

The wedding is booked for next June - but they've decided on a joint party night on the Ventura next May:)......do not panic, although there are quite a lot of us, we are not a rowdy lot, we're just about normal:D...especially with the age range going...........21- 70.....

All jokes aside, we're all really looking forward to it:)

Archived