Can Men Tinkle In Private? --HMC

spideyfam

This thread reminds me of one of my favorite oldies by the late Etta James: I'd Rather Go Blind.....

LOL..what a loss and a favorite of mine,,,and great comment!!!

Well..it matters IMHO because these are common sense mutual respect safety issues..yes go ahead blame and flame us for being more reserved as many do..these are still typically English speaking values and common decency courtesies for even many non-English groups..and certainly for the average soul who is vacationning in this circumstance on HMC, yes adapt for France etc. and I have..but not here..and it hinders gray areas that can lead to worse issues..she could one time be a surprise "nut", though not this time..any number of scenarios this leaves things open for.. it goes both ways.

I think it was just a fluke accident and this is something you should of told someone on the island.Guess the cleaning person cant read the signs, and has no work so they decided to clean the bathroom all the time.

Definitely not a fluke (nor a big deal to me when I experienced it there).

If you want privacy, book the grand cabana! I *love* that thing, particularly while on HAL stops (only times we've done it) with the Pinnacle Grill chef manning the BBQ! Totally worth the cost if you can bring the cost down to $100/pp.

Go to Egypt, where you are in the open and get a hose to clean your tail feathers no paper. male or female. And don't go in the thing that they clean there feet before prayer. Very interesting place. Nobody cares what you are doing as long as you don't go in the foot washer. Some did because they had no idea that is what it was for. Got to go with the flow when you travel outside the good old USA. It really won't kill you.

OK...I've never been in the men's room watching how you guys use the urinal, so here's my question..can you really see anything:confused: If not, then why would it bother you?

I personally wouldn't care if I were going into a unisex bathroom, tho I'd need a stall with a door;) She probably does it all the time and nobody's said anything. The older I get the less uptight I seem to be about personal stuff.

We were on the Carnival Ecstasy last month. While on Half Moon Cay, I went to the men's room after we ate. This is the rest room just past the picnic tables near the food area.

When I walked in there were about 10 urinals against the far wall with most in use. Right behind them was a woman mopping the floor. I am not exaggerating at all when I say this.....She was actually washing in between the men's feet that were standing there going.

I know she has done this probably forever, because she was keeping her head down and doing her job, but, I still do not think it is right.

What if there were no doors on the woman's room stalls and there was a man mopping the floor?

Not trying to start a riot on here, but what does everyone think??

Well, don't go to Europe then... This sounds like something that would happen there, too. I think we're the only nation that is modest like that. But it would bother me, too! ;)

Apparently this is not uncommon in the Caribbean. I've encountered this at HMC, Cozumel, Roatan, and Belize. :confused:

It's also very common in Europe. evan the restrooms along the Champs Elysees in Paris have female attendants who "supervise" male tinkling.

So how do you guys feel about women who don't want to stand in the long lines at events like the U.S. Open Tennis tournament in New York and crash the men's line and walk right into the men's restroom and go in a stall and attend to their business. That's happened to me numerous times. :confused:

I thought it was odd in the Duty free shop (Mayaa) in Marigot in St. Martin that the men's restroom (urinal only) only had a saloon-style swinging door separating the urinal and people who may be in the store shopping, so you could see if someone was in there using it. The duty free shop did have a no photos policy in effect for the whole store.

I was in a shop in Antigua with three female cruisemates. The only restroom in the shop had no door and opened to the rest of the shop. That was interesting, but we all used it. :eek:

I was in a shop in Antigua with three female cruisemates. The only restroom in the shop had no door and opened to the rest of the shop. That was interesting' date=' but we all used it. :eek:[/quote']

there are urinal stations right in the streets of amsterdam.

I don't think it would bother me and I am female. Of course, it is very common in other countries. In Korea I have used the restroom with men in the ladies room working on a sink or toliet. The stall did have a door and they female cleaning lady was standing next to the man working.

Some places overseas there is not men or women's restrooms, just a bathroom shared by both. Been in these too! Did it at least have a western style toliet? I have finally mastered eastern toliets! :D

Who cares?

Every man who uses the word 'tinkle'

:p

Seriously guys, women have absoluetly NO interest in looking at your 'tinkle part', if you're 'tinkling'.

The bathroom was clean...that's what's important. ;)

The men should have waited for her to finish her job. Then they could do theirs.

Seriously, if it is that big of an issue for you, just wait until she finishes the job to take care of your business. It's no different than her closing it down and waiting for her to reopen it. At least the guys who aren't bothered by her being there can relieve themselves while you are preserving your modesty.

Besides, as a man, the whole world is your urinal.

Seriously, if it is that big of an issue for you, just wait until she finishes the job to take care of your business. It's no different than her closing it down and waiting for her to reopen it. At least the guys who aren't bothered by her being there can relieve themselves while you are preserving your modesty.

Besides, as a man, the whole world is your urinal.

Yep i agree if it is that big of a deal go outside find some shade by a tree and by all means FREE WILEY!!!!!!:D:cool:;)

Archived