Roll call - Silver Spirit - 24 March 2012

Gema

Hi Gema,

We are not on your cruise but the one before on March14. We have a very small rollcall which we were a bit surprised about. We have done cruisecritic for about seven years on many ships (Oceania, Princess, Celebrity,etc) but have never had such a low response. It is a shame since there is so much to be gained by sharing information. Oh well....

Hi Gema,

We are not on your cruise but the one before on March14. We have a very small rollcall which we were a bit surprised about. We have done cruisecritic for about seven years on many ships (Oceania, Princess, Celebrity,etc) but have never had such a low response. It is a shame since there is so much to be gained by sharing information. Oh well....

Not too many Silversea guests / Venetian Society members participate in these boards. If you read Cruisemates, or other cruise blogs, it is well known the March 14th cruise will be getting the new entertainment program so it should be an exceptionally fun cruise.

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lynn and David,

Glad to see John and I are not the only ones on this cruise !

Looking at the website today only the 4 top suites are showing as "waitlist", all other areas show availability - doesn't appear to be a popular cruise.

I haven't started packing yet - we tend to leave everything to the last minute. Still have to book a hotel for 2 nights before the cruise and car hire.

We have done several cruises with Silversea over the last few years, what about you?

PS. forgot to say my name is Gail

hi gail and john-

this is our first silversea cruise, though we've been on plenty of other lines in the past including RCCL, princess, celebrity and others. we've heard such wonderful things about silversea!

i wish i were a bit more like you with the packing, gail. i'm sure i'll unpack and repack many times before i finally decide on what to take! were you able to book your hotel room? i see you're from across the pond, so isn't it great to be able to arrive early and relax and heal the jet lag before embarking on the cruise? we're also coming a day early...just because of volatile springtime weather that time of year. who wants to be dalayed and miss the ship!? we've made some plans for fort lauderdale too, which i'm really looking so forward to!

lynn and david:cool:

Hi Lynn & David

Not long to go now - just booked the Hyatt Pier 66 for 2 nights prior to the cruise, and a hire car for the day we disembark (shopping will be calling us before we catch the plane!).

Documents arrived Saturday and yesterday we packed Johns suitcases (it's the last weekend he will be home before the cruise). So we are nearly there.

See you soon

Gail & John

• 2 weeks later...

hi gail and john-

well it sounds like you're ready to go(well, at least john is since he had to go on and pack!). i've layed out everything i possibly could and seem to re-inventory the selection of clothes on a frequent basis. i should just load the suitcase and be done with it! ha! i'm getting excited now and am looking so forward to the break. we have plenty planned for days in port. i'm glad to hear you got your hotel room booked and all is set!

lynn and david

Anyone joining us on this cruise?

Hi Gema

My husband and I will be joining you. First time Silversea patrons. Have cruised on larger ships with family over the years. Will be celebrating our 25 anniversay, so are hoping for a more intimate cruise experience.

HS

hello there!

well now we know we're not the only four on the ship! so glad you all joined in the chatting! welcome! we are finalizing the packing tonight and looking forward to the week breezing by so we can get to vacationing! we are also first time silversea cruisers and have been on the larger ships with family also. congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary!

hello there!

well now we know we're not the only four on the ship! so glad you all joined in the chatting! welcome! we are finalizing the packing tonight and looking forward to the week breezing by so we can get to vacationing! we are also first time silversea cruisers and have been on the larger ships with family also. congratulations on your 25th wedding anniversary!

Thank you David. A Silverseas cruise seemed the appropriate choice for the Silver Anniversay. Just only received our cruise package Friday - that has prompted more excitement. Although, some concern is building with the tumultuous situation regarding Air Canada, so may have to rejig the air travel this week. None the less looking forward to Saturday and enjoying all the benefits of what I am sure will be a very memorable holiday. Our experience to date with Silverseas i.e. Attentiveness of the reservation team particularly Lina has been very positive.

My name is Heidi

Welcome Hiedi,

What a perfect way to celebrate your anniversary !

Not long until the cruise now - Just finished packing and only 2 more days in work.

John and I are old timers with Silversea, it's like a drug - you will love it.

Gail

Bonjour!

You must be very excited today. Your last work day before vacation. Have a safe and enjoyable flight. I'm familiar with the overseas leg from Heathrow to Toronto so know you likely have a long one ahead of you from UK. We are very much looking forward to this cruise and are hoping Silversea will be a good fit as we have much future travel in mind. I hope we will have an opportunity to introduce ourselves along with David and Lynn. I will keep my ear tuned for the names Gail, John, David and Lynn. Bon Voyage!

Only a few more hours until we leave for our flight - see you on board.

Just look out for John at the pool bar - his favourite spot on the ship :D

Hope you all have safe journeys

Gail

We were on the March 14th cruise (our first Silverseas cruise) and would love to hear your comments about the Spirit when you return. As first-timers, we had very high expectations; some were definitely met but others were not. Hopefully your cruise did not experience some of the things we did. And yes, the entertainment was great.:)

Archived