Ecstasy Review Jan 31-Feb 4th

weezyreid

We just returned from a fabulous cruise to the Bahamas...seriously I would have been in 7th heaven if they had parked the ship outside Half Moon Cay for all 5 nights....seriously..most gorgeous place I have ever seen. WE had a cabana and it was perfect...we really enjoyed having a private spot to relax and the beach and water were perfect! We spent many hours just swimming and building sand castles.

In terms of the boat..we had that horrible stench every morning but it was just near the elevator area on Riviera Deck...not near the rooms...it was sewer smell. The room was great though, no real show of wear and tear. Room stewards were not around as often as our last cruise..maybe twice a day where as on the fascination they were there 5 or 6 times a day...although I don't mind them being there less. The dining staff were amazing.

Camp Carnival...this was so so...my son didn't enjoy it as much, said the staff yelled a lot, and the it was no fun...not much to do he said. They also called me each night around 9ish saying he wanted me to come and get him, or that he was very tired....I went to get him...but often wondered what the problem was...I got the feeling they didn't want kids to stay late there???

Food was great in the restaurant...only ate at buffet once as we can't stand the food at the buffet...we ate at the restaurant as often as we could...

We got off in Nassau and got a day room at Sheraton...awesome resorts..but found the room old and dingy...wouldn't want to stay here for a week for sure...but for the day it was great!! Water in the pool was good, hot tub and beach was awesome! $5 cab each way per person.

Louise

We were on the same cruise. Loved Half Moon Cay, had excellent local tour in Nassau. Ship was in good condition, never had smell on 6th midship. Was surprised to find Purell empty 3 times at eating areas, once in MDR at 6pm, twice at buffet. Enjoyed beef several times in buffet and rotisserie area, elegant night lobster and prime rib was good. Cold food was disappointing several meals. The water tasted terrible to me, glad lemonade was good. Lineups were disappointing at many times. Steve Cassel sure plays a great violin and juggles too. Wish they had comedy shows spread out more not on same nights as shows. Pool was nice, bit chilly but ok once you were in. Mini-putt was fun in port. The majority of cruisers had a great time on Ecstasy.

Archived