Top 5 Things You Must Pack

LeeNHCruiser

My five top things are:

dryer sheets for drawers and for suitcase under bed for dirty laundry

aloe gel ( for sun burns)

air freshner - give room a spritz occasionally

sipper cup for coffee in the morning and drinks at night

and city pins or country pins (from Canada) to hand out to new friends.

And above all else a good and happy attitude.

• 2 months later...

Hi Fellow Cruisers!

We are leaving in 16 days -Yeah! Here are my "top five" that have come in handy on previous trips.

1. Ear Plugs...sometime DH snores or one of the kids stay up later than I do, plus depending on the location of your room, you may have noise, etc.

2. Large Zip Loc bags...great for all kinds of things! We take them full of snacks when we get to port and bring wet suits, shells, etc back to the ship. They are also great for keeping disposable cameras dry.

3. Long distance calling cards for the staff. IMO they really like those to call home, etc.

4. Bungee cords to hold the balcony doors open...nothing like fresh air!

5. A deck of cards...we love to play a game or two of cards when we have a few minutes to do something...they are obviously small enough to stick in a purse.

Hope these help and Happy Cruising to All!!

• 1 month later...

I've heard where kids will snatch a suitcase and stash pot, drugs, or whatever in it, get off the ship first, and recover their stuff before you get to your bags. That way if it gets caught, they arrest YOU. As a precaution, kind of watch for one of the crewmembers gathering luggage and watch him put yours on his cart. They usually make a final sweep right after the latest time to have your stuff in the hallway.

Have a great cruise.

We always do the self assist debarkation now so we don't have to put our luggage in the hallway the night before.

We're leaving this Thursday for our cruise on Monday. This board is so helpful ! I see the threads about what not to forget and what you would have left home, so what are your top 5 items that are an essential on the cruise? (Besides the obvious of clothes, personal hygiene, camera, sunscreen, etc.) I'm looking for those "oh yea!" items that would be helpful. :)

1. Money

2. Husband's wallet

3. VISA

4. Traveler's checks

5. Husband's VISA

Archived