Seven-Story-High Wave Hits Cruise Ship

aanselm

No has happened before and will happen again but I am not going to worry about it. QE2 hit what was believed to be a 90 foot wave years ago and people are still cruising. Of course the QE2 was designed for rough water and the new ship for the most part are not.

I've been in some serious serious swells on S.S. Explorer, a smaller ship, years ago, when I did an Atlantic and Pacific crossing as a student. I have been on so many cruiseships and other seagoing vesses since then, it's obvious that my views were not affected.

:)

6 nopes

I'm not sure how many nopes we're at now- but add two more for the karfest's!!

We are in danger of these "freak " accidents every second of our lives and I'd rather have it happen while cruising. Did you know that last year 4 people were killed by tripping over their open dishwasher door and impaling themselves on knives? I would hate to be doing housework when I get called to the great beyond!

Matt- we had a great time on the Star- how was your Seabourne crossing? And what is a Music Cruise?

Best wishes to the current and future Dawn cruisers- it sure makes for a great story since there was no serious injuries.

Make that 2 more "NOPES"

Of course the QE2 was designed for rough water and the new ship for the most part are not.

In April of 2002 we were Trans-Atlantic on the "Dream" & scheduled to stop in Ponta Delgada (Azores)..Encountered a fierce storm with 90 MPH Winds & High Seas..They closed the Port & we were forced to go on to Gibralter (an unscheduled stop) for fuel & supplies..Our Captain "Rolf Sandvik" assured us that the "Dream" was built for rough seas & we came through the storm without any injuries..We never doubted, that we would not make it..He also told us that we were the first NCL ship to cross the Southern Atlantic Non-stop...

Archived