Door Decorations

spoiledkraut

window clings work great on the outside of the doors!! Go to the dollar store to get them! There is usually some holiday surrounding our cruises. We put different ones on everyones door, makes it real easy to find your rooms when you've "celebrated" too much LOL or just got back from the Cozumel bar hop LOL!

we have also put a magnetic message board on the door with the attachable dry erase pens, that way we leave messages for our friends and family . Often random people will leave messages as well...pretty funny! Our older kids think they are funny and will often draw pictures on it.

I did the giant stocking (like above) with DH's name and the word "naughty" on it and a 3 inch stocking with my name and the word "nice" on it. I added Christmas cards with famous people's names on them...

The stocking had sticks of gum, and candy in them when we took them down. Lots of the "pillow candy." Everyone was nice...no trash or no nos.

When we went on the Legend in December and we did a Christmas theme. We are headed out on the Fantasy on March 17 and we were thinking of a St. Patricks Day Theme but I was also thinking about doing a Margaritaville theme.

Need some help to decide :confused:

We always decorate our doors in some way!!

Here are some of our past ones:

IMG_4612.jpg

Hey...you stole my door decoration! ;)

Actually I had two of these on each of our 4 cabin doors for our Legend cruise in 2010. I also made name tags for each person and put under the "tiki gods". (and someone really did steal one of them! LOL!)

I reused them again last week when we were on the Victory. I got them at Dollar Tree so figure I have gotten my money's worth!

We like to decorate our door to make finding our room easier and I enjoy seeing other doors decorated. I get our stuff at the dollar store. Don't forget the tape!

I use poster putty that I picked up at Walmart...holds well and is easy to clean up and leaves no marks at the end of the week.

Our room steward saw us removing our door decorations last week on the Victory and said..."is that chewing gum?" :):) we assured him it wasn't and made sure to get the door totally clean so he didn't have to deal with any mess.

We are going with a bunch of first timers...I'm going to make them and put on their door for them all.

They will love it.

I do that.. but I dont tell, I just sneak to their cabins and put them on the doors.... :) Ive had friends ask me if I knew who the Carnival Door Sign Fairy was... lol, they knew... :D

Its Fun!

Archived